Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39

Thread: Most overrated FB team of all time

  1. #16
    Davey BuckWoody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    911

    Re: Most overrated FB team of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Is the seat next to you empty? This will be better then Mission Impossible 3!
    This thread didn't take off like I thought it would.

    I really really really do not care for Notre Dame at all -but- their two losses are to the #2 and #3 teams in the nation...there's no shame in that. Like I said in the "Rematch" thread though, no way do they deserve another shot at Michigan in the Rose Bowl. If they must be in a BSC bowl at all, match them up with Boise State in the Fiesta.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    441

    Re: Most overrated FB team of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    This thread didn't take off like I thought it would.

    I really really really do not care for Notre Dame at all -but- their two losses are to the #2 and #3 teams in the nation...there's no shame in that. Like I said in the "Rematch" thread though, no way do they deserve another shot at Michigan in the Rose Bowl. If they must be in a BSC bowl at all, match them up with Boise State in the Fiesta.
    I do think their bowl game will be the telling story of this ND team. No way I want to see them get matched up against Michigan(UM destoys them again) let's see them against Florida, or Louisville. If they get their butts handed to them again, then they are overrated.

  4. #18
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    6,161

    Re: Most overrated FB team of all time

    This why I can't stand college football.

    There is no way to tell how good a team is because there are 600 teams, 40 conferences.

    Thank goodness it is Sunday and we can watch real football where 30 yard field goals aren't nail-biters, nor are they blocked 30 percent of the time.

    I read an article yesterday where one of the bowl directors was saying he didn't care about records when it came to considering Notre Dame because they always have a quality team.

    What is he speaking, there, French?

    You guys watch the 13th graders, I'll take the college graduates.

  5. #19
    Member Jpup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Southern KY
    Posts
    6,967

    Re: Most overrated FB team of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Charlie Weiss is overrated as a play caller imo. .
    He's got a couple Super Bowl rings to prove that you are wrong.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

  6. #20
    Raaaaaaaandy guttle11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,118

    Re: Most overrated FB team of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    This thread didn't take off like I thought it would.

    I really really really do not care for Notre Dame at all -but- their two losses are to the #2 and #3 teams in the nation...there's no shame in that.
    Notre Dame has no defense at all. None. And every time they face a team that matches them in athletic ability, they fold and get beat by double digits.

    You can beat all the "bowl eligible" teams you want, but until you step up and beat a top level team, you're overrated if you're the 6th ranked team.

    Did they beat Michigan, Arkansas, Texas, or LSU? No. The best team they beat all year was Georgia Tech, a team that belongs in the 18-25 range. How's that a good resume for a team ranked that high?
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

  7. #21
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: Most overrated FB team of all time

    Dude, you keep missing the point. Your logic is seriously flawed. You're saying that the teams they beat weren't very good, therefore they must not be very good. That just doesn't make any sense. You can say the same thing you're saying about several of the teams in the top 20.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  8. #22
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,771

    Re: Most overrated FB team of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Because every team in the nation has shown themselves to be more than capable of looking like total garbage on any given Saturday (that includes you, OSU -- who couldn't put away an Illinois team that got beat by Ohio University at home).
    Hate to interupt a good Notre Dame argument... but is there something wrong with a team losing to Ohio University? Last time I checked they had a pretty decent record and won their divison in the MAC. This is not the OU of the 1980's!
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  9. #23
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,692

    Re: Most overrated FB team of all time

    Its gotta be Duke.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  10. #24
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,771

    Re: Most overrated FB team of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Its gotta be Duke.
    How 'bout them Blue Devils this weekend? Score a TD with a seconds left... need the extra point to tie the game. BLOCKED KICK! Game over, NC 31 - Duke 30. 0-12 record. Ouch!
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  11. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,736

    Re: Most overrated FB team of all time

    This years Chicago Bears

  12. #26
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,255

    Re: Most overrated FB team of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    He's got a couple Super Bowl rings to prove that you are wrong.
    College and the NFL are too different games, and Bill Billichek made the big calls, ie going for it on 4th down. So far what has he won at Notre Dame? That same arguement can be applied to Jerry Narron as well, he played the game and I didn't. Yet I can point out that pitching Ryan Franklin repeatedly is a bad idea.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  13. #27
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,751

    Re: Most overrated FB team of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Hate to interupt a good Notre Dame argument... but is there something wrong with a team losing to Ohio University? Last time I checked they had a pretty decent record and won their divison in the MAC. This is not the OU of the 1980's!
    I have two parents who are OU alums, and I have a sister currently attending. I get an earful of the Gospel According to Frank™ on a weekly basis.

    Ohio has something really special going on up at Athens. They play a tough and physical brand of football that the MAC just hasn't seen in while. The conference has been dominated by spread offenses like the ones run at Toledo and Miami for so long that nobody is prepared to stop a i-back attack like the one Ohio runs with McRae.

    They run right at you, get a lead, and then kill the clock all while playing solid defense. Solich has done a tremendous job there, and he deserves to get the full support of the administration to keep it going.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

  14. #28
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,713

    Re: Most overrated FB team of all time

    You betcha ND was overrated. They started out at #2, don't forget, were just blitzkreiged by UM and USC, rubbed their beads hard enough to pull games out of their butts against UCLA and Michigan State, and rolled against some really bad, stat padding teams most of their second half of the season. The only reason they have been in the top 10 all year is because they are the "Golden Domers." Their D is an absolute joke, as both UM and USC exposed big time. Glad to see them get it handed to them last night, which was what I expected.

  15. #29
    Raaaaaaaandy guttle11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,118

    Re: Most overrated FB team of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Dude, you keep missing the point. Your logic is seriously flawed. You're saying that the teams they beat weren't very good, therefore they must not be very good. That just doesn't make any sense. You can say the same thing you're saying about several of the teams in the top 20.
    That's not what I'm saying. ND beat lesser teams, big deal, so did many other schools. When they played top competition, they got hammered. Several teams in the top 20 held their own against fellow top teams, whereas Notre Dame was out-everything-ed.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

  16. #30
    Member NJReds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    5,432

    Re: Most overrated FB team of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Did they beat Michigan, Arkansas, Texas, or LSU? No. The best team they beat all year was Georgia Tech, a team that belongs in the 18-25 range. How's that a good resume for a team ranked that high?
    Who'd Michigan beat this year? I mean ND is obviously no good, so that's not a quality win. Wisconsin is ranked in the top-10 now, and I don't see any good wins on their schedule.

    That said. ND doesn't deserve to go to a BCS bowl this year, either. But there are many ranked teams that have light schedules. And OSU should handle whoever they match up against, they have an incredibly talented team.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25