The Giants may wait until after the Dec. 1 arbitration deadline to ink Rich Aurilia, who is expected to get a two- or a three-year deal.
"We have no problem waiting, and I'm not saying it has to be done before then, but there's a danger in that," said agent Barry Axelrod. "It takes one call from a team like the Yankees, Red Sox or Angels to blow any offer out of the water." We wouldn't be so concerned about that, but because the Reds are practically certain to offer Aurilia arbitration, there isn't much sense in waiting. There's hardly any chance Aurilia would accept arbitration to be a part-time player in Cincinnati when he can get a multiyear deal elsewhere.
I don't think it will matter, the Reds will offer Arbitration and he will decline