Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Think the Reds and Phils might talk trade?

Think the Reds and Phils might talk trade?

I can see this happening maybe.The Reds just signed another back stop in Moeller that gives them 3, and the Phils need one.The Phils just signed another starter that gives them 6 and the Reds need one.I couls see the Reds send Dunn,Ross,and Belisle to Philly for one of these young pitchers Hamels(is the one I would demand),Floyd, or Myers then add Burrell,and a couple prospects and you have a deal.This would take care of needs on both sides.Reds get another starter for the rotation and a bat to replace Dunn and some young talent.Philly gets a bat in Dunn the catcher they need and a bullpen arm.This could work on both sides.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Think the Reds and Phils might talk trade?

Maybe!!!

Doesnt burrell make some insane amount of money though. It might be pretty close to dunns but I was thinking he made more for some reason.

Pat Burrell

2007 $13 Million
    2008 $14 Million

I think that the Reds could get a quality young starter from the phils, but I do not like Burrell with the deal. I believe they give us a good prospect too, then its a deal I could live with.

Per Rotoworld
    Nov 15
    Pat Burrell has informed the Phillies that he would accept a trade only to the Yankees, Red Sox or a club on the West Coast, a source told FOXSports.com.

The dreaded NO TRADE CLAUSE!!!!!!!!!

We dont want him anyway. Although I would like one of there young pitchers, wait a minute dont we have one of the best young pitchers in baseball. Couldnt we just put him in the rotation and then get to keep dunn...hmmm.........

yeah dunner cuz we only need one starting pitching see oakland and the angels for advice
    For Love of the Game

"If you aren't first; you're last"

Theres away to get around the no-trade thing.I was assuming Philly would take on some of his contract.I say the phils take on 10 mil. of the contract and the Reds would pull the deal.That leaves 17 mil. and he is worth the 8.5 mil a year.,but not much more if any.I just think Pat the Bat might do well with a new start and GABP is a great place to restart for a hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by penantboundreds View Post
    yeah dunner cuz we only need one starting pitching see oakland and the angels for advice
    Well since we already have arroyo and harang who are two of the best pitchers in the NL. Bailey would make 3 pitchers not 1.

With the Phillies I would target Gavin Floyd, Ryan Madson, Scott Mathieson, or the grand prize Brett Myers. I think Cole Hamels may be out of our league unless Dunn is involved.

Cole Hamels is a career-ending injury waiting to happen.
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

Can Pat Burrell pitch? Can Stanley Burrell rap?

The answers to both questions is "no".
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post

The dreaded NO TRADE CLAUSE!!!!!!!!!
    No trade clauses are for stupid heads!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?