Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dellucci to Indians...

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Dellucci to Indians...

Per Ken Rosenthal:

Dellucci agrees to 3-year, $11.5M deal

The Indians have found a new left fielder, reaching agreement with free agent David Dellucci on a three-year, $11.5 million contract, FOXSports.com has learned.

The deal is contingent on Dellucci passing a physical. The examination is expected to take place Thursday in Cleveland.

The signing of Dellucci, a left-handed hitter, will enable the Indians to play Shin-Soo Choo in right field and move Casey Blake to first base. Jason Michaels, a right-handed hitter, likely will play left against certain left-handed pitchers.

Dellucci, 33, spent last season as a part-time player after the Rangers traded him to the Phillies on April 1. He performed well in his limited role, however, hitting 13 homers and producing an .899 on-base/slugging percentage in 264 at-bats.

Rangers owner Tom Hicks cited the absence of Dellucci when bemoaned his team's lack of toughness in a radio interview late in the season, saying, "I think we missed David Dellucci. I think that leadership in the clubhouse part is really important, and we didn't have that after he left."

Dellucci, a 10-year veteran, has a career .348 on-base percentage.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dellucci to Indians...

What will the Indians do with Martinez? Could the Indians be interested in Ross, Ray Olmedo, Elizardo Ramirez, and Tyler Pelland for Jake Westbrook if they move Martinez?
    Last edited by Spitball; 11-27-2006 at 08:07 PM.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

From a need and value/dollar, this may be the best signing of the off-season so far.

hollywood mid westerner

Wow..for that dollar amount Im seroiusly pissed WK didnt get him..what a price for a very very good and underrated player.

I would have loved to have taken him to start in RF full time and let Freel spell Griff for injuries and Dunn/Delluci vs LHP.

This guy could have been an asset to the Reds.

i have been scratchging my head trying to figure out the GREAT plan of the FO as all the better players like this guy are taken.. and the Reds sign retreads from other teams!!!.. doesnt make me want to run out and buy tickets!!

So far I have not been too upset with the FO taking a pass on those who have been signed. No one has really been worth the money they are receiving. That is until this signing. Dellucci would have been a solid solid player for this team at this price.

I graduated from college in may, I got a good job and have some disposable income, and I was considering season tickets. But now, no way. I'm not spending my money on this team if Chad Moeller and Mike Stanton are considered the big signings. I'll just take a nice vacation or something.

craig wilson anyone?
    2006 Redszone Prospect Draft - Johnny Cueto
    2007 Redszone Prospect Draft - Pedro Viola, Alexis Oliveras
    2007 Redszone Mock Draft - 1st (27) Michael Burgess, Supp. (60) Wes Roemer, 2nd (92) Barry Enright, 3rd (122) Jonathan Bachanov
    2009 Redszone Mock Draft - 1st (9) Shelby Miller, 2nd (58) Marc Krauss, 3rd (89) Daniel Fields

hollywood mid westerner

Quote Originally Posted by geniusMoment View Post
    I graduated from college in may, I got a good job and have some disposable income, and I was considering season tickets. But now, no way. I'm not spending my money on this team if Chad Moeller and Mike Stanton are considered the big signings. I'll just take a nice vacation or something.
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by cincy09 View Post
    craig wilson anyone?
    Now we are talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tigs View Post
    Now we are talking
    you may be talking but is wayne and craig's agent ??

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

That was a bargain for a stud. Like said before I think that may have been the signing of the off season. Congrats to the Northerners of Ohio on that pick-up.

Marty Moose!!

craig wilson anyone?
    My thoughts exactly. I would gladly take Trot Nixon also. If the Reds can land Nixon for a similar contract as Dellucci's, I'd be all for it. Dellucci's a nice player, but if Nixon stays healthy, i'd wager to bet he'll outperform Dellucci next year, especially if he plays in GABP.

Dellucci was a bad fit for the Reds

The Reds have 2 players who are best in LF ( or DH ) - Dunn and Griffey.
    Both bat left handed.

Delluci is a left handed hitting outfielder who has a weak arm and poor range -meaning he is best in left.

ergo Delluci was a bad fit for the Reds this year

Turn Off Ads?