Turn Off Ads?

Thread: mattress help needed

mattress help needed

my current mattress is only 5 years old, but it already sags and is growing more and more uncomfortable...it's a king size sterns & foster, so it wasn't cheap...in all honesty, it started to sag after about 3 years, but now it's just annoying...it's a pillowtop on both sides and has been flipped and rotated as recommended...

i've recently heard that you shouldn't get the pillowtops, since as indicated above, they tend to sag, but i'm not sure if this is true...do any of you have a mattress or certain type of bed that you would recommend? king size beds always seem to be a problem, but i can't really downsize to a queen...any suggestions out there?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: mattress help needed

obviously, this is the wrong forum...mods please move to non-baseball topic...sorry

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Well, since this is on the baseball side, I propose you use a Wayne Krivsky strategy:

Find a matress that has been previously DFA'd (thrown to the curb for the trash) by another team (house) and sign it to a contract (throw it in the back of your car and leave money on the guy's doorstep) and hope that when you get it to your house it performs better (attracts fewer vermin) than you would expect a matress of its calibur to.

Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I thought this was going to be about The Godfather.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

All dyslexics must untie!

Waterbed = once you've been on one, there's no going back
    Never overlook the obvious

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B View Post
    I thought this was going to be about The Godfather.
    I thought we were going to the mattresses, too.

Did someone get shot?
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Waterbed = once you've been on one, there's no going back
    I get seasick easily. Pass.

I have a 10 yr old Simmons Beauty Rest. That thing looks and feels like it just came off the showroom floor. I flip it once a month. Best Mattress Ever.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

We just bought a king size Sealy posturepedic with two separate air mattresses for each person. You can inflate it all the way or make it as soft as you want. The thing can't sag because you blow it up with air. it has a little inflator with remotes for each side of the bed. It's awesome and not nearly as expensive as the Dormia ones.

one that takes quarters.

nice.

we have a kingsdown and the wife and I have been doing business for 7 years plus on it. pillowtop on both sides. nice.

Probably won't get one for years, but I think that Swedish Tempurpedic matress looks good to me. I have a chronic back problem and I often have trouble finding a comfortable sleep position.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Probably won't get one for years, but I think that Swedish Tempurpedic matress looks good to me. I have a chronic back problem and I often have trouble finding a comfortable sleep position.
    We got one of those two years ago. I don't think we'll ever go to anything else again. It supports every part of your body wonderfully well and you really can't feel a thing when the other person moves around. I have back trouble too and this mattress was the best thing for it.

Turn Off Ads?