Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No Dunn At Redsfest?

Re: No Dunn At Redsfest?

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    What's Creek doing nowadays, haven't heard from her for awhile. (Clearly she'd want in on this Adam-action...)
    I know, she has been gone for quite some time, that's why I'm makin' my move!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Apparently the reports that he has not been "working out" in the off season were untrue.... A lot of Hard Work making Babies. I can vouch for that.
    Just what America needs, another illegitimate kid.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Cue Debbie Downer music...wah wah wah wahhhhhhhhhhh...

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Just what America needs, more judgment from people who have nothing to do with it.

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Well, if its any consolation, this kid will be much better off (money-wise) than most legitimate kids.
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 21-17
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1 - FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

From Marc's blog...

Also, here's the rundown on the higher-profile players who aren't scheduled to attend Redsfest:

Adam Dunn is a new dad and he's busy with his son.

Same deal for Aaron Harang, who also is in the middle of moving.

Bill Bray is getting married Saturday.

Homer Bailey is in the midst of a 10-day family hunting trip in the far northern reaches of Canada.

Ken Griffey Jr. isn't on the list of participants, but keep in mind he showed up unannounced a few years ago for a kids-only autograph session, so you never know.
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 21-17
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1 - FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Kid doesn't have a chance, huh?
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

[QUOTE=KittyDuran;1202249]From Marc's blog...

Also, here's the rundown on the higher-profile players who aren't scheduled to attend Redsfest:

Adam Dunn is a new dad and he's busy with his son.

Same deal for Aaron Harang, who also is in the middle of moving.

Bill Bray is getting married Saturday.

Homer Bailey is in the midst of a 10-day family hunting trip in the far northern reaches of Canada.

Ken Griffey Jr. isn't on the list of participants, but keep in mind he showed up unannounced a few years ago for a kids-only autograph session, so you never know.[/QUOTe

that leaves marty's next door neighbor, bernie stowe's cousin, and someone that rode on an elevator with billy bates as the featured stars

Yep. We don't know anything about how loved this kid will be, how supported he will be, how he will ultimately contribute to society, but since we're Americans, we'll go ahead and assume that he's going to be a burden on our country somehow. We do know that he has a father with a strong work ethic who appears to be a happy guy, and has already passed on at least one work function to be with him. I know that the kids down the street from me have a deadbeat dad who's never around and a mother who cries and drinks all the time, and the kids are frequently outside half-clothed at two in the morning, but their parents are married, so they'll do America's name good.

I'm "illegitimate" (that's a great word by the way, implying that a helpless little baby is somehow of lesser worth as a human than the baby next to him in ICU due to the decisions of his parents). Grew up with a wonderful family, much love and support, great education, many opportunities, all the tools I needed to be a good member of American society and gather the best group of friends ever assembled on the way. Shoulda moved to canada when I had the chance though; seems this country doesn't want me. Let's send Dunn and his kid to the Blue Jays.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Isn't it all Murphy Brown's fault

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    personally I hope he is or is intending to marry the mother

Yes and no.

If they are in love, yes. If they aren't, then I say no.

Adam can be a wonderful father even if he doesn't marry the mother, just as many divorced fathers are. Making a marriage work is tough, even for couples head over heels in love. So, if they aren't in love, it's almost for sure doomed.

BTW, Plum... your post was awesome.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 11-30-2006 at 09:13 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Yep. We don't know anything about how loved this kid will be, how supported he will be, how he will ultimately contribute to society, but since we're Americans, we'll go ahead and assume that he's going to be a burden on our country somehow. We do know that he has a father with a strong work ethic who appears to be a happy guy, and has already passed on at least one work function to be with him. I know that the kids down the street from me have a deadbeat dad who's never around and a mother who cries and drinks all the time, and the kids are frequently outside half-clothed at two in the morning, but their parents are married, so they'll do America's name good.

I'm "illegitimate" (that's a great word by the way, implying that a helpless little baby is somehow of lesser worth as a human than the baby next to him in ICU due to the decisions of his parents). Grew up with a wonderful family, much love and support, great education, many opportunities, all the tools I needed to be a good member of American society and gather the best group of friends ever assembled on the way. Shoulda moved to canada when I had the chance though; seems this country doesn't want me. Let's send Dunn and his kid to the Blue Jays.

Oh, snap! Awesome post!!!

Sorry about putting this in a abseball post, but George, kids aren't really illegitimate- parents are sometimes, but why brand a kid with a scarlet "I"?
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    Sorry about putting this in a abseball post, but George, kids aren't really illegitimate- parents are sometimes, but why brand a kid with a scarlet "I"?
    40% of the children today are born out of wedlock. The vast majority of men in prision are born out of wedlock. There are great examples of children that have overcame the odds and become productive, well-rounded adults. There are also examples of dead beats that came form 2 parent homes. With that being said the childs best chance is growing up in a 2 parent home, statistics don't lie.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Best chance...probably so. Your previous thread, though, sounded as though the kid doesn't have a shot. And do you assume the child is being raised in a single parent family? I don't know, maybe he is, and maybe he isn't.
    -Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?