Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UC extends Nancy's contract

Re: UC extends Nancy's contract

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    UC has substantially increased its research funding over the past few years. I read somewhere that it's out-hustled all Ohio public universities. Nationally, it's reputation is improving after a two decade free-fall.

If you're going to blame Zimpher for the stuff that's gone wrong at the university (like the Title IX rowing suit; alleged cronyism; tuition increases), then you need to praise her for the things that have gone right.

We all have our opinions on Huggins, but as an objective observer, I'd say that current students are paying more but also getting more.

And by the way, my dad's on the faculty (for 30+ years), and I'm not so sure that the rank and file generally dislike her. Maybe the deans, but not the typical professors.
    She is pumping money into research but yet she's losing the best faculty. She did the easiest thing possible, improve funding in that area. Problem is the budget is incredibly out of whack and almost at crisis mode.

This isn't about just Bob Huggins, it's about a lady completely in over her head. She's only won with those that like smoke and mirrors. She fired the big bad athletic coach, woo hoo to her.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Looks like that rumor about her going to tOSU was just that.

Thank God.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan View Post
    Thank God.
    I hope you enjoy your moment of schadenfreude. Unfortunately some of us have to bear the brunt of her decisions.

I mean, we're only losing very high quality faculty left and right because there is an absolute moratorium on granting tenure right now.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I hope you enjoy your moment of schadenfreude. Unfortunately some of us have to bear the brunt of her decisions.

I mean, we're only losing very high quality faculty left and right because there is an absolute moratorium on granting tenure right now.
    Moment of schadenfreude? Come on paint, I was in no way taking pleasure in what you and your fellow students have to endure and you know it.

I'm an OSU student and I have every right to be glad that she isn't going to have a chance to come here and pull the same thing here. How that entails taking pleasure in the suffering of others, well, I'll never know.

From the CityBeat article...

"There is an amenities war going on, particularly in institutions that attract traditional students," Matthews says. "In the end, the money has got to come from somewhere."
    With my son being a freshman at UC now, this is the thing I noticed across the board when we went on campus visits early this year. Schools are palaces now compared to what they were in the 70's. I cannot believe the dining halls (food courts really), fitness centers, living quarters, entertainment complexes, etc. compared to when I went to school.

I suppose its all a product of the opulent lifestyle most people think is obliged them these days.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    So, are there any University of Cincinnati fans happy about this?

Rem
    I am.
    I was not unhappy to see Huggins go, and I have never been happy with the fact that UC doesn't get it's due academically, despite having some excellent programs (none of which accepted me...but that's another matter.)
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    With my son being a freshman at UC now, this is the thing I noticed across the board when we went on campus visits early this year. Schools are palaces now compared to what they were in the 70's. I cannot believe the dining halls (food courts really), fitness centers, living quarters, entertainment complexes, etc. compared to when I went to school.

I suppose its all a product of the opulent lifestyle most people think is obliged them these days.

It's also part of the sales pitch. Hey, look a Burger King! and they take my meal plan!

You gain the freshman 15 in a whole different way now.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?