Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I am wondering........

Hybrid View

I am wondering........

With the ridiculous money being spent on players that i would never dream get huge money (matthews Jr), , how in the world are the Reds going to intice any good player to come here that will make a difference?? NOWAY we can match What the Cubs are dangling for Schimidt and Zito dollars havent even come out yet??? I dont wnat to sound like the Reds have no chance to Win in 2007, but with what the Cubs, Astros and now the Cardinals are doing, those players on those teams have a excitement that their owners are showing they want to WIN Now!!.. Hard to see any Reds player excited about a Stanton or now Moheller!! while Bob has stated he wants to win now, i dont see them spending any money. I had hope when the raise in ticket prices came out, that maybe the Reds had a plan to show the baseball world they were serious and make a bid for some players or even try and get a Tejada or A-Rod, but now i have a chance, due to a passing in my family, to finally offord some type of season package, but now im waiting to see what Bob and company do too entice me to spend my dollars.. because if they do nothing and cry because fans dont come out, i will just save my dollars and get on a Bengal season ticket waiting list...im sorry but im tired of watching my favorite Cincinnati Reds team lose every year.. the fans helped build the park to entice bringing back a championship baseball to Cincinnati.. The Cardinals get a new park and their owners every year bring in players to keep them at the top of the division.. they in their 1st season in the new Bush Stadium WIN the world Series.. we are still waiting on a winning season!!!.. and so far i see us competing with the Pirates and Brewers to keep out of last place and that so disturbs me...!! i guess we shall see what happens before Friday.. cant see the new uniform being a inspiration to winning!!. bringing in the Right players to build on winning does that...i shook my head at the signing of Moheller 3rd catcher again..i was like why a ML deal??? i would have offered a minor leauge deal.. i dont know im just frustrated.. i want to see this team in the playoff hunt every year.. heck the Cubs are proving losing sucks and trying to do something about it.. signing Lou to manage which i wish BOB wuld have done here, Getting Sorianao, and trying to get Schmidt.. at least they are showing their fans losing sucks finally..lol.. i want the same here... but with the outrageous deals out there, why the heck did the Reds sign off on the new labor deal??? or any other small market team?? just sucks rigfht now... i was hoping for this off season for excitement and im seeing dispair... guess we shall see!!
    Last edited by redsfan4445; 11-28-2006 at 07:20 PM.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

Re: I am wondering........

With all due respect, OP, are you allergic to paragraphs? Any chance you can edit this and break it down to make it more easily read? [I'm not trying to be nasty, just hoping it can be broken up a little - it's a little overwhelming].

Well I finally waded through your stream of consciousness Primal Scream. So the whole baseball world has gone on a crazy feeding frenzy and we're expecting the Reds to spew dollars left and right on guys who have flaws and warts? No, they haven't set the world on fire with their signings thus far, but it's a doggone long office season. How does it make the team better if a player is signed now or signed later?

Of those players who have signed elsewhere, most have signed for significantly higher dollars and many of them have some question marks around them. People here have repeatedly said that several of the signings are nothing significant, they're not all the eggs in the basket. Some of these players won't even make the team.

We have become a "do it now" fan base and we have no taste for the patience the process takes. People talk about years past and that was the old regime (or even two back). This is still Cast's and WK's first year, for heaven's sake.

Maybe everybody needs to calm down. Afterall, it's only a game, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    We have become a "do it now" fan base and we have no taste for the patience the process takes. People talk about years past and that was the old regime (or even two back). This is still Cast's and WK's first year, for heaven's sake.

Maybe everybody needs to calm down. Afterall, it's only a game, folks.
    I agree with you and I am surprised that these folks who say "do it now" are event baseball fans if only because of the slow unfold to most games that are played regardless of the budget of the team.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Agree 100%. To me, this mkt is demanding that teams either go for the gusto or punt. To me, Wayne should be lining up in punt formation. His signings are not getting the team anywhere and, to me, a waste of money. He should have knocked payroll down as far as possible and spend money on intl players and the draft. Trade some of these guys for prospects. Build the future around Homer and Bruce. The way this team is being structured, they are doomed to be in the range of .400-.500 for quite a while.

Turn Off Ads?