Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: per sportsline.com.. Pitchers the Cardinals are talking about.

Re: per sportsline.com.. Pitchers the Cardinals are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Why would Weaver want to leave St. Louis. This guy was just about out of baseball, found a comfort zone with Duncan and contributed to a World Series victory.

Well, I don't think he's the brightest porchlight on the block. But he probably sees these contracts that are being offered and he wants his. I'll bet he would make more money somewhere else than if he did if he stayed in StL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Why would Weaver want to leave St. Louis. This guy was just about out of baseball, found a comfort zone with Duncan and contributed to a World Series victory.
    Boras. What are the odds that Weaver ever gets another chance to cash in? He was lucky as hell to get this one.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Boras. What are the odds that Weaver ever gets another chance to cash in? He was lucky as hell to get this one.
    Sure, blame this all on Borat. :
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I would want to know why St. Louis would want Weaver. Surely the Super Genius team of Jocketty and LaRussa are smart enough to not pay the millions I'm sure he's looking for because he pitched well in the WS and against the Reds. The rest of the time, he likely made them pine for Ponson.

I'd bet Jocketty lets him walk if he's asking for a big contract.

I wonder if the Cards resign Mulder (which I expect to happen), it will help them in their attempt to sign Zito and reunite 2 of the "Big 3". I would imagine those two were pretty close while pitching in Oakland. I'm sure they'll use that to their advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I'd bet Jocketty lets him walk if he's asking for a big contract.

I wouldn't blame him if he did.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?