Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pujols unhappy with not getting MVP

Blind Melon

Pujols unhappy with not getting MVP

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2680495

I guess a World Series ring isn't always enough....

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Blind Melon

Re: Pujols unhappy with not getting MVP

Well, since there's 2 threads on this, somebody can delete or lock this if they want...

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

::Artie Lange impression:: "Wahhhhhhhhh, I didn't get the MVP!!! WAHHHHHHHH"
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

throws 106. NBD.

Poor Albert.

Pujols is an ass, and this just further proves it. Oh, and Pujols didn't lead the Cardinals to the World Series, Pedro's injury did.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    ::Artie Lange impression:: "Wahhhhhhhhh, I didn't get the MVP!!! WAHHHHHHHH"
    i was thinking the same thing wmr...artie's the best

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    i was thinking the same thing wmr...artie's the best
    I wasn't going to say anything... I know you listen to The Show, not sure who else it'll make much sense to, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

The bloom is off the rose. The media built up their flawless hero in Pujols and now it's time to sell papers bringing him back down from the clouds.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

There may be no "I" in team, but there is "ME"
    Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit. - E. Fudd

Hey listen, I'm far more worried about the pain George Grande is going through in all this...
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Awww... everybody isn't willing to just hand "Prince Albert" everything, that's sad

Pujols reminds me of Sammy Sosa in some ways. He's supposedly a great guy when everything goes perfect, but any time there is something against him he sounds arrogant and spoiled.

I don't think attitudes are the only thing comparable about these players also.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Cards 83-78
    Phillies 85-77

So were the Cards the better team or just in an easier division? Would be interesting what Pujols would say if he had the Mets in his division.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsIn07 View Post
    Cards 83-78
    Phillies 85-77

So were the Cards the better team or just in an easier division? Would be interesting what Pujols would say if he had the Mets in his division.
    Yup. The Cards got to play the Reds, Pirates, Astros, Cubs and Brewers a total of 81 games, or half the season.

While Ryan Howard's team played the dominant Mets, Marlins, Nats, and Braves a total of 75 games.

The Cards were 16-15 (.516) vs. the East, while the Phils were 41-34 (.547). The Cards actually had a losing record verse the poor central at 39-42 (.481) while the Phils were 20-17 (.541).

Turn Off Ads?