Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TD TJ-HoushyoDADDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: TD TJ-HoushyoDADDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I see 9-7 or 8-8.

Pittsburgh here scares me for some reason.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I see 9-7 or 8-8.

Pittsburgh here scares me for some reason.
    So you see the Bengals losing the last three games of the year possibly?

I think that's highly unlikely.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I just hope if they end up not in the playoffs it's by more than one win. If it turns out they miss it by one game, that roughing call on Justin Smith will cause a lot of Bengal fans to explode.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

The remaining 4 games are all winnable. Indy is really struggling, and really have all year. Sure, Dallas is playing as good as anyone in the NFC, but Tennessee is a team they would normally beat. Denver also is a team on decline who has evidently played their best football in September. Oakland and Pittsburgh are home games a playoff team will win. If they don't, they are not a playoff team in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    The remaining 4 games are all winnable. Indy is really struggling, and really have all year. Sure, Dallas is playing as good as anyone in the NFC, but Tennessee is a team they would normally beat. Denver also is a team on decline who has evidently played their best football in September. Oakland and Pittsburgh are home games a playoff team will win. If they don't, they are not a playoff team in every way.
    You generally don't want to play teams that have no other stake in the game but to kick you between the wickets and ruin your party (Pitt).
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    You generally don't want to play teams that have no other stake in the game but to kick you between the wickets and ruin your party (Pitt).
    Like Cleveland circa 2004? Hopefully the boys learned their lesson from that one. It could also be that game could mean nothing for the Bengals if they win their next 3. The way the WC contenders are falling, they could clinch with 10-5.

So you see the Bengals losing the last three games of the year possibly?
    You see them winning two of them?

Against who?

You see them winning two of them?

Against who?
    Obviously, they should win both of their home games, although upsets are always possible, though highly unlikely. That leaves them to split Denver and Indy, with a loss to Denver being the only one that probably hurts their standing in the WC race.

Heck, Indy could have a spot clinched by the time the Bengals play them.

I could see them resting some of their starters for that one.....Maybe.

I'm not impressed with Denver at all, but The Bengals never win at Mile High.

Let's hope Indy rests everyone.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

I would think Indy would still be competing for home field advantage through the playoffs. Doubtful they will rest their starters...

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Indy is beatable. Their defense isn't much to write home about....and Carson is undefeated in a dome (2-0 )

Denver is beatable. Their defense has been exposed a bit and their offense is Ravens-like.

Obviously Oakland and Pittsburgh are beatable.

They just need to stay focused, stay agressive, and go one game at a time. They CANNOT overlook anybody. They control their own destiny now.

Is it a reach to compare this year's Bengals to last year's Super Bowl champion Steelers? Both had three-game losing streaks. Both had two runs of three or more straight wins. And both were 7-5 after 12 games.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Bengals control there own destiny. They are the 5th seed in a 6 seed playoff with 4 games to go (2 back of the Ravens)....if they don't make it, they have only themselves to blame. They don't NEED anybody's help.....but it is always accepted.

split Denver and Indy
    They'll be underdogs or even in both of those games.

upsets are always possible, though highly unlikely.
    Then the Bengals are unlikely to win either.

For me, the Denver and Pittsburgh games are key, and they need both to get to ten wins, provided they beat Oakland.

I'm not holding my breath. That Steeler game is a toss up given the rivalry.

I'm not holding my breath. That Steeler game is a toss up given the rivalry.
    Agreed. Most Bengals fans are chalking that one up as a gimme. I'm sayin' not so fast my friend...

However, I think they've got momentum. I'm certainly willing the chalk the OAK game up as a win. They just need to figure out a way to win two of the last three.

Can Indy have already clinch by the time we play them? That could help us in that game.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Turn Off Ads?