Turn Off Ads?

Thread: New hats on sale?

WHOOOOOO!

New hats on sale?

Hey everyone. I had a question. I work on Friday and Saturday (gotta earn a living), but I was thinking of coming to the Duke for the festivities. I really want to go to get one of the new hats if they are on sale. Are they going to be on sale? Is anyone willing to buy me one and I will get them back? Both of these are tough requests I know, but I thought that I would give it a shot. Thanks in advance for your answers.
    If we weren't all crazy we would go insane.-Jimmy Buffett

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: New hats on sale?

Actually, if they're doing what I think they're doing, the "new" caps have been on sale since 1999. The impressing I've gotten is that the never-used solid red alternate will now become the everyday home cap and the red cap with black bill that has been worn at home will now be worn on the road. I hope I'm wrong about the road cap and they use the same one home and road, but either way, I don't think we're going to see a cap tomorrow that we haven't seen already.

That being said, I won't be able to make RedsFest, so I'm of no help to you.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Really, what more can they do with them anyway?

I'm just expecting the old school, solid red cap, which is awesome.

The only hat I wear is an old one from around 1988, so I think I'll be buying a new one.

Wonder how much the jerseys are gonna run.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post

The only hat I wear is an old one from around 1988, so I think I'll be buying a new one.
    wheels, you've been retro since the black dropshadow was added to the wishbone "C" in 1999.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Really, what more can they do with them anyway?

Wonder how much the jerseys are gonna run.
    Well, I hope they are smarter running this year...oh...never mind.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I would imagine the caps will be the same with the black removed. That would be a great idea. Get rid of the black. I am guessing that we are going to see some blue mixed in there instead. I really can't wait to see them, but I hope they don't look like everyone elses. Also, I hope they get rid of the pinstripes.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Black highlights will remain in the uniforms - no blue. Pinstripes are gone, as are vests.

I'm at Redsfest now. Fitted caps old style are 10.00 so obviously new ones are coming. Lots of gameworn stuff here.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

The new hats are the same as the 70's hats but with a black shadow behind the wishbone "c" very nice. They have been on sale for a couple a years but the team did not wear them...just rappers.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

WHOOOOOO!

Looks like I already have both.
    If we weren't all crazy we would go insane.-Jimmy Buffett

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    The new hats are the same as the 70's hats but with a black shadow behind the wishbone "c" very nice. They have been on sale for a couple a years but the team did not wear them...just rappers.
    I didn't notice the black shadow on the home red cap, but if so, it's not that much different than caps I already have. Not a wise marketing decision. what else is new?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post

One way to look at it is that the solid red hat is what people really identify the Reds with. I've had one for several years.

If people like them so much that they still bought them when the team wasn't wearing them, maybe it's a fan favorite.

The all red with the black drop shadow around the C really looks good, IMO.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

There should be a new batting practice hat.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?