Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A joke gone too far.

A joke gone too far.

So last night I am over at a girls house who I just started dating. This was only my second time being at her house and around her folks. Well shortly after I arrived, while I was talking with her and her mother fellow redszoner moundpatrol starts the following conversation via text message:

moundpatrol: Clayton just signed for 1.5 mil
    kbrake: With who?
    moundpatrol: friggin Reds

At this point Kbrake gets up and goes outside. I was not rude about it but I'm sure it was obvious I was not very happy. So I storm out front and call moundpatrol

moundpatrol: Hey man
    kbrake: Are you (very bad word that would get me banned from Redszone) kidding me?
    moundpatrol: (with so much laughter I could barely understand him) just kidding it was with the Blue Jays
    kbrake: Your an (another very bad word that would get me in trouble), thats not even funny. I will talk to you later. (hang up)

Now is it just me or should there be some things that are not to be joked about when it comes to the Reds? For me the thought of another season with Royce Clayton around is one of them.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: A joke gone too far.

that is pretty dirty
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

I thought you were gonna say your girlfriend pulled that joke, at which point I would asked if she had a sister.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

The real question would be, Is the girl a good enough baseball fan to understand this scenario? He might have done you a favor weeding out somebody who doesn't share your passion, or maybe confirm that's she's a real find!

I know my gf would have been even more upset at the situation than I would, and I don't like Clayton at all....I am very lucky though!

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    So last night I am over at a girls house who I just started dating. This was only my second time being at her house and around her folks. Well shortly after I arrived, while I was talking with her and her mother fellow redszoner moundpatrol starts the following conversation via text message:

moundpatrol: Clayton just signed for 1.5 mil
    kbrake: With who?
    moundpatrol: friggin Reds

At this point Kbrake gets up and goes outside. I was not rude about it but I'm sure it was obvious I was not very happy. So I storm out front and call moundpatrol

moundpatrol: Hey man
    kbrake: Are you (very bad word that would get me banned from Redszone) kidding me?
    moundpatrol: (with so much laughter I could barely understand him) just kidding it was with the Blue Jays
    kbrake: Your an (another very bad word that would get me in trouble), thats not even funny. I will talk to you later. (hang up)

Now is it just me or should there be some things that are not to be joked about when it comes to the Reds? For me the thought of another season with Royce Clayton around is one of them.
    The real joke is on the Blue Jays

To clear up the situation as far as the girl goes. She told me she was a Reds fan and I thought maybe she was just a girl saying that as some do. Well then I asked her who her favorite player was her response "without doubt Adam Dunn" I was like ok you passed my test.

Chicks dig the long ball.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Chicks dig the long ball.
    Long before baseball was ever invented.

I hesitate to do this, because I'm not sure how much of it will translate, but, if you want a laugh, you might want to check out "the urge to post anything" thread on SOSH, That thing is killing me.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    I hesitate to do this, because I'm not sure how much of it will translate, but, if you want a laugh, you might want to check out "the urge to post anything" thread on SOSH, That thing is killing me.
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is SOSH?

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiRed View Post
    Sons Of Sam Horn. It's a message board for the Red Sox.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Sons of Sam Horn, the main Red Sox message board. Anyone want to throw down a link to said thread?

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiRed View Post
    Sons of Sam Horn, it's a Red Sox board, I'd link it, but someone would have to teach me how in language like I'm a 6 year old, because that's just how ignorant I am. sonsofsamhorn.com, red sox forum, I just thought it was funny and maybe worth a read if anyone has nothing better to do.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    Sons of Sam Horn, the main Red Sox message board. Anyone want to throw down a link to said thread?
    http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=13203
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?