Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds reveal plans for riverboat pavilion

Reds reveal plans for riverboat pavilion

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=cin

CINCINNATI -- A new feature is coming to Great American Ball Park that will allow Reds fans to see home run balls both coming and going.
    In a special three-year partnership announced Friday during the opening of Redsfest, the Reds and Cincinnati Bell revealed plans for a new and improved party area above the center-field batter's eye.

Called the Cincinnati Bell Technology Pavilion, a new two-story riverboat will be built while the existing lower pavilion is slated to undergo a renovation.

The new pavilion will also serve as a meeting and technology center that is open year-round. Inside, Cincinnati Bell Technology Solutions will display and demo vendor products and services for prospective clients.

What does this mean for Reds fans? The spot will also be a new place to watch the game.

The 7,500-square-foot rooftop deck will hold about 150 fans. Another 170 fans can gather in the 3,200-square-foot indoor technology center with access to the rooftop deck.

Since the ballpark opened in 2003, several home runs have entered or cleared the batter's eye area. It could offer fans on the rooftop deck and interesting perspective of the game.

"What began as a renovation process quickly blossomed into a unique partnership with Cincinnati Bell," Reds chief executive officer Bob Castellini said in a statement. "While we wanted to make the center field area of the ballpark more fan friendly, Cincinnati Bell added a dimension to it that benefits both its technology solutions arm and the Reds. It's a very innovative use of that space."

Wow, sounds pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds reveal plans for riverboat pavilion

Can it pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by ochre View Post
    Can it pitch?
    Well, it would be nice if Cincinnati Bell could sponsor a pitcher, but after the whole Andy Messersmith "Channel 17" incident, I don't think MLB would go for it unless we sign another one of Buddy's kids. Does he have any kids who can pitch?
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Cincinnati Bell and Great American Insurance are great sponsers to have!

Sounds very cool btw
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Open up some real riverboat gambling out there, all proceeds go to acquiring pitching!

18? Hit me.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

I Love These Guys...
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

A Renovation for a stadium that's going into its fifth year?

I do think the stadium needs more things like this that would make it unique. Too boring for my taste inside the actual seating bowl right now.

I've always hated the Pepsi Power Stacks. They look cheesy and out of place. But, they might actually work if they are blended into this design. Solves two problems....the hideous batters eye and the power stacks...all in one fell swoop.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

To be really innovative, they should mount said 'riverboat' to some sort of 'track' and have it travel along the rightfield skyline when homeruns are hit, emitting smoke along the way...

Quote Originally Posted by ochre View Post
    To be really innovative, they should mount said 'riverboat' to some sort of 'track' and have it travel along the rightfield skyline when homeruns are hit, emitting smoke along the way...

What's the saying about great minds? I was thinking the same thing. Maybe mediocre minds think alike too?

I wasn't thinking about a track, but I was thinking that it would be cool if they replaced the grassy area in front of the current batter's eye pavilion with one of those pools that circulates water through (like what swimmers use to exercise) and then have a moving paddle wheel on the riverboat that paddles through the pool, simulating the churn of the paddle wheel on the Ohio. Imagine players hitting home runs into that.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

ochre and yachtzee...you should both submit your ideas to the reds...

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Anything that takes a page out of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' playbook is OK by me.

Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Here are some pictures of the model of it that I posted in the RedsFest Pictures thread:

Clicky.

This is an improvement. Kudo's to new ownership on this one. I wish they would have been in power during the building of the staduim, maybe it would be something special instead of something bleech.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Turn Off Ads?