Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Randolph Morris

Randolph Morris

Everybody trashing Randolph Morris needs to be eating some major crow right now. The kid straight brought it versus Hansbrough and UNC today. He didn't just outplay Hansbrough, he owned him. Unfortunately Ramel "Mr. Turnover" Bradley and the rest of the Cats weren't up to the task.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Randolph Morris

Randolph Morris can be as good as he wants to be. He's the most physically talented big man in the country.* He just needs 100% effort every game, and could really use a great outside shooter to compliment him.

*Pending Greg Oden being 100% healthy and in game shape.

La Dolce Vita

Joe Crawford (7 turnovers) makes me want to pull my hair out!
    teach tolerance.

Kentucky is 3 years and 1 head coach away from another final 4. I'm a season ticket holder, I go to every game. This program is in the toliet. North Carolina played mediocore today, but Kentucky is a 2nd tier team. Normally when your play mediocore at home against another top tier team, you lose..not today.

This team has no real offense. Tubby insists on playing Thomas and Perry who are seniors and do not contribute offensively. The better playing freshman are playing less and less. We all no what happened to Ron Zook in Florida after not going to a BCS bowl in 3 years. When Kentucky does not go to a final 4 this year, it will mark the longest time since the NCAA has been the premier tournment in College basketball.( Before 1940 the NIT was the premier post season tournment.)

Drain the tub! www.firetubbysmith.com
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Kentucky is 3 years and 1 head coach away from another final 4. I'm a season ticket holder, I go to every game. This program is in the toliet. North Carolina played mediocore today, but Kentucky is a 2nd tier team. Normally when your play mediocore at home against another top tier team, you lose..not today.

This team has no real offense. Tubby insists on playing Thomas and Perry who are seniors and do not contribute offensively. The better playing freshman are playing less and less. We all no what happened to Ron Zook in Florida after not going to a BCS bowl in 3 years. When Kentucky does not go to a final 4 this year, it will mark the longest time since the NCAA has been the premier tournment in College basketball.( Before 1940 the NIT was the premier post season tournment.)

Drain the tub! www.firetubbysmith.com
    UK = 18% winning percentage versus the Top 25 the past 2 years :runawaycr :ughmamoru :obrien:

I was really impressed with Morris today. Not only for his work on Off. but staying out of foul trouble guarding Hansrough. The talent has never been an issue with Morris just the effort and foul trouble aspects have always seemed to plague him. Morris is probablly the best back to the basket post player in college right now (still to early to judge how Oden will do at this level).

I agree something has to be done about Tubby soon. X and O's wise I still think he can coach. Under his watch though UK has gone from a top tier school to school probablly a third tier school right now. With how brutal the SEC will be this year we have a real shot of not making the tournament. With Tubby's slow and pethodical offense top recruits looking to put up numbers (Wright, Young, Durrant) aren't even considering UK anymore. Something needs to be done soon or UK will turn into IU.

Quote Originally Posted by cincy jacket View Post
    I was really impressed with Morris today. Not only for his work on Off. but staying out of foul trouble guarding Hansrough. The talent has never been an issue with Morris just the effort and foul trouble aspects have always seemed to plague him. Morris is probablly the best back to the basket post player in college right now (still to early to judge how Oden will do at this level).

I agree something has to be done about Tubby soon. X and O's wise I still think he can coach. Under his watch though UK has gone from a top tier school to school probablly a third tier school right now. With how brutal the SEC will be this year we have a real shot of not making the tournament. With Tubby's slow and pethodical offense top recruits looking to put up numbers (Wright, Young, Durrant) aren't even considering UK anymore. Something needs to be done soon or UK will turn into IU.
    I'd be careful with the IU comparisons now that they've got Kelvin Sampson. The man can straight out recruit and he will take full advantage of having the pedigree of Indiana University to get their recruiting and program back on track. Indiana is definitely on the up-swing w/ Sampson, IMO.

I love UK more than just about anything, but if I was a top-tier recruit with my pick of schools, there's no way in hell I'd want to go to Kentucky and play Tubby's plow-horse offense. Is anybody even having any fun? Why would a top recruit even *want* to come play in this type of offense when there are so many more attractive options available?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I'd be careful with the IU comparisons now that they've got Kelvin Sampson. The man can straight out recruit and he will take full advantage of having the pedigree of Indiana University to get their recruiting and program back on track. Indiana is definitely on the up-swing w/ Sampson, IMO.
    Difference is, IU was able to get rid of Mike Davis and get Sampson. The biggest knock on Davis was his inability to let quality talent from in-state get away. Josh McRoberts, Sean May, Greg Oden, and Mike Conley to name a few. One thing about Kentucky, there really isnt much in-state talent to do much with. Chris Lofton wasnt heralded coming out of high school, and Tubby is already locking in on Darius Miller, but it may be for naught.

If I am Patrick Patterson and I am considering whether I want to play Tubbyball and not be a star, or play at Duke or Florida and replace Josh McRoberts or Joakim Noah in a high octane offense, guess which one is last on the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I probablly should have been more specific. I ment IU under Davis. A program with a great history that suddenly found itself fighting to make the tournament. Sampson will do a good job there if he can stay out of trouble. Many UK fans thought that just being Kentucky would guarantee top recruits. Under Tubby we have found almost the opposite to be true. I think there is no way Patterson ends up going to UK. He will probablly end up going to USC with Mayo. Our top recruit will be a 5' 9" point guard, Lucas.

Turn Off Ads?