Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UCLA Upsets USC

UCLA Upsets USC

UCLA is up on USC 13-9 with the ball and 7 minutes left in the game. IMO, even if USC pulls this one out, today's showing should be enough to propell Michigan to #2. It probably won't happen, but that's how I see it.

And by watching the SEC title game, I'm not sure Florida isn't better than USC to begin with. With Florida's schedule, they have every right in the world to assert a right to play for the National Title.

#1 - OSU
    #2 - Michigan
    #3 - Florida
    #4 - USC
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Upset Alert: UCLA up on USC in 4th quarter

USC just got real lucky. That hard hit on the QB on 3rd and 10 with 6 minutes left was CLEARLY a lead with the helmet hit. It was just as much a personal foul as Gable's hit against Troy Smith.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Lane Kiffin sucks.

Hahahahahahhaa... UCLA makes the interception! I hate USC.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

In 1:10...the rematch will should be official

Well, that should do it.

Looks like we're going to have a rematch. I'm absolutely FLOORED by this today. I think a lot of people read too much into last week's Notre Dame game. USC is really good, but they've been squeaking out wins most of the year. Next year they might be unbeatable, but this year they aren't National Championship caliber.

Looks like Florida will wind up getting screwed.

Oh well. We lost. Lane Kiffin sucks, and Mark Sanchez should be the starting QB next year.

This was a rebuilding year and I predicted 9-3 anyway, so 10-2 is still good, but I hate losing to damn Fucla.

Oh well. I love the Rose Bowl and it's the best bowl of 'em all, so I'm still satisfied.

Is there any way that Florida gets in? I guess they'd have to really run it up against Arkansas...

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Looks like Florida will wind up getting screwed.
    Agreed -- I still don't get how you can tell the SEC champions, at 1 loss, that they can't play for the national title, given how brutal that conference is.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I'm sure everyone over at ESPN is shedding a few tears right now...

This stinks for OSU fans. They had a much better chance of beating USC than they do of beating MIchigan again. The best thing BUckeye fans can do is hope like hell Florida scores another 40 points in the second half.

This USC loss has to be one of the biggest choke jobs in recent memory.

It should be quite interesting to watch the 2nd half of UF vs Arkansas. UF is going to have to put up 21+ points in the 2nd half to pass Michigan in the polls. Also, not give up any. A 38-7 win would probably put them into the championship game.

Hopefully Lane Kiffin is fired after this disaster.

C'mon Buckeye fans... don't you believe in your team??? What could be sweeter than beating Michigan twice in one season, once for the Big Ten and the other for the National Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    This stinks for OSU fans. They had a much better chance of beating USC than they do of beating MIchigan again. The best thing BUckeye fans can do is hope like hell Florida scores another 40 points in the second half.

This USC loss has to be one of the biggest choke jobs in recent memory.
    Bring on either Michigan or Florida. OSU gave up 3 turnovers to Michigans 0 and we still beat UM. As well, a crap pass interference call made it a 3 point win instead of 10.

I have complete confidence in Tressel and staff to out prepare LLLLLoydd Carr. I believe Florida has better skill people on offense than UM does anyway.

Turn Off Ads?