Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank You Cleveland!!!! They beat KC!!

Re: Thank You Cleveland!!!! They beat KC!!

[QUOTE]If you guys want him, Steinbach is a great left guard available next year. Unfortunately, you may have to pay for him.
    [QUOTE]

Steinbach is going to get Steve Hutchinson money...if the Brownies sign him away so be it. I'd rather sign Justin Smith with the money than Steiny. Andrew Whitworth is a budding star. While all the praise is given to Carson, Chad, and the rest of the playmakers on offense, Whitworth deserves just praise if not more. He has protected Carson's blindside against the likes of Derrick Brooks and Terrell Suggs and has done an outstanding job. Would anyone have believed that the Bengals would be a playoff-caliber team without three of their starting Olineman before the season started? It speaks to job done by Marvin and the scouting staff to find Stacy Andrews, Eric Ghiachic, and Andrew Whitworth. Marvin is building something very, very special and we as Bengals fans are blessed to have him as our coach.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Let us not forget, Denver is also in this. By both teams getting knocked around a bit, this can only help us.
    Presently, the Seahawks are leading the Broncos, 17-13 with a little bit less than four minutes left.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

OK, I have no idea what is going on with this game between Denver and Seattle, but it seems both teams want to give away the game to the other guys...Denver has fumbled like 3 times, Seattle doesnt want to tackle anyone....

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I wanted the Browns to take Steinbach in the 1st round that year. They picked in the 20's that year and was the right place to take him. But Butchy took the little center from Notre Dame, Faine.

Good showing by the Browns. As GAC said, they are a much better team than they showed against the 'gals. The offensive line has just dragged them down terribly. Fix that problem and you'll see a nice leap in quality next year. And better rivalry games...heh...heh...
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    I wanted the Browns to take Steinbach in the 1st round that year. They picked in the 20's that year and was the right place to take him. But Butchy took the little center from Notre Dame, Faine.

Good showing by the Browns. As GAC said, they are a much better team than they showed against the 'gals. The offensive line has just dragged them down terribly. Fix that problem and you'll see a nice leap in quality next year. And better rivalry games...heh...heh...
    I'd like to give Charlie Frye a year of average OL play. Not decent, or solid, just average. I think people are tossing him under the bus a little early.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    Let us not forget, Denver is also in this. By both teams getting knocked around a bit, this can only help us.
    Presently, the Seahawks are leading the Broncos, 17-13 with a little bit less than four minutes left.
    With Denver's loss last night, the Bengals moved into the number one Wild Card spot. They own tiebreakers against all other contenders. Who would've guessed?

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan View Post
    With Denver's loss last night, the Bengals moved into the number one Wild Card spot. They own tiebreakers against all other contenders. Who would've guessed?
    Amazing. Just need to keep winning.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

The Jets currently sit at #6 which makes me happy. I am hoping the playoffs end up just like they are currently sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I'd like to give Charlie Frye a year of average OL play. Not decent, or solid, just average. I think people are tossing him under the bus a little early.
    You can't expect ANY QB to perform whose main objective after he gets the ball is to stay alive!

Throw Peyton Manning back there and see what happens.

Losing Bentley really hurt this offensive line.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Fry reminds me of some of the Bengals QBs which were forced to scramble during the '90s, thanks to a pourous line. Kinda sucks to have to eat turf one second after getting the snap.

Frye is 2nd in the NFL in sacks.

When you have no offensive line, and no protection is afforded the QB, then plays are not allowed to develop.

When your receivers, who IMO are very talented, are constantly having to break route and come back to try and bail out the QB, then that says alot.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?