Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confirmed: Brian Kelly of CMU to be new UC coach

Re: Confirmed: Brian Kelly of CMU to be new UC coach

He's an offensive minded coach. They run a spread offense and they had a good season this year.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    He's an offensive minded coach. They run a spread offense and they had a good season this year.
    I wouldn't chalk up the spread-attack coming to UC as a given. Everyone in the MAC (save for Solich and Ohio) runs the spread attack because nobody can recruit the massive and athletic big men up front to drive a power running game.

Smaller lines and smaller, quick wideouts tend to necessitate running an offense based on getting the ball to people in space and counting on them to make athletic plays.

Kelly's schemes might change with access to better players.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

It would be great if we could have a fraction of the interest, loyalty, and discussion that OSU garners for its football program. This thread has me smiling because it is nice to get excited for UC football. I hope it continues and snowballs.
    "I'm a Cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. Please don't send me to the pickle farm, bum." - Brak

Record In Games Attended, 2007: 2-1 (1-0 GAB, 1-1 Jake)

Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo View Post
    It would be great if we could have a fraction of the interest, loyalty, and discussion that OSU garners for its football program. This thread has me smiling because it is nice to get excited for UC football. I hope it continues and snowballs.
    Who knows how long he will be in Cincy? From the comments I read from the CMU fans, he's the real deal.

He's got Tressel's track-record of success, except with a personality.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Paint, where are you reading your CMU fans comments? I have also read on Trent's blog that MSU fans are a little miffed we got Kelly as well.
    "I'm a Cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. Please don't send me to the pickle farm, bum." - Brak

Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo View Post
    Paint, where are you reading your CMU fans comments? I have also read on Trent's blog that MSU fans are a little miffed we got Kelly as well.
    From Bearcat Insider and CMU's equivalent. They are both scout.com boards.

The people posting on Trent's blog are idiots. It's a completely different story everywhere else.

I like this hire. I didn't know much about him before tonight, but after looking at his track record I like him. Especially how he turned CMU from a loser to MAC champs in just a few years.

If he does view this as a stepping stone job I'd rather have him here for 3 years and go to a big bowl game then leave than get a guy who will be mediocre for 10 years but stay at UC like Rick Minter. That would at least establish more excitement for UC football.

BCI is saying they signed him "long term with a heavy buyout".

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    BCI is saying they signed him "long term with a heavy buyout".
    I like hearing that.

Sweet!

Just heard Kelly's press conference at enquirer.com, it is hard to not like the guy already.

Kelly's coaching the bowl game. Pretty much what I expected, but it'll be interesting to see how he handles this team differently than Dantonio did. Wonder if he'll be inclined to start Grutza over Davila so that Grutza doesn't hold any kind of grudge going into next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23 View Post
    Kelly's coaching the bowl game. Pretty much what I expected, but it'll be interesting to see how he handles this team differently than Dantonio did. Wonder if he'll be inclined to start Grutza over Davila so that Grutza doesn't hold any kind of grudge going into next year.

He'd almost have to coach the bowl game. Although I wonder what kind of schemes he's going to use on both sides of the ball. Is he going to try to teach them his offense and defense in a month? Or will he let the players run the show since they are more familiar with Dantonio's offense/defense?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

With recent news and the Bearcats in the BCS it is interesting to read this thread again... BUMP.

Turn Off Ads?