Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Following Troy Smith

Re: Following Troy Smith

I go to the university and am friends with a couple players, Gonzo is coming back, Ginn cya, Pittman is coming back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Here's the Buckeye 2007 Schedule -

Date Opponent
    September 1 Youngstown St.
    September 8 Akron
    September 15 @ Washington
    September 22 Northwestern
    September 29 @ Minnesota
    October 6 @ Purdue
    October 13 Kent State
    October 20 Michigan State
    October 27 @ Penn State
    November 3 Wisconsin
    November 10 Illinois
    November 17 @ Michigan
    One could argue that there is not a "big game" until Happy Valley. Also, almost the entire defense is back and the skill O players are back. The O-Line needs "re-loaded". That leaves QB.

I'm in favor of Henton, because he is Troy Smith-lite. There won't be much change from the system. Boeckman's not a runner - but he can sure throw it. Schoenhoft will get some time against Y-State & Akron.

Wouldn't it be ironic is Y-State wins the Div 1-AA title and OSU wins the BCS title game. Bet ABC would be all over THAT!

Last edited by Heath; 12-04-2006 at 03:15 PM.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Wow. I'm an OSU guy, but that's pretty lightweight. Youngstown, Akron and Kent?
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Yeah, it's disappointing. And normally scheduling Washington would be a tough game, but they're going to be pretty bad. I'm all in favor of them playing a non-conference powerhouse every year in the first couple of weeks.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    2008-2017 gets interesting - you get USC home & home, Miami (FL) Home and Home, Oklahoma (home & home) Virginia Tech (Home & home) Cal (Home & Home) Army (Home & Home). Plus, every year, they play an in-state school.

2007 is the "down year" schedule - actually - I think Tressel was planning on NEXT year being the Big year with the weak schedule. But, the addition of the 12th game, minus suitable opponents gave OSU a break next year. Y-State's still a pretty good program for Div 1-AA. There's also the matter of State funds going to state schools. It's no different when Cooper would schedule Rice, Houston (when they sucked) and Wyoming.

OSU gets to travel to PBS in 2012 again.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Yeah, it's disappointing. And normally scheduling Washington would be a tough game, but they're going to be pretty bad. I'm all in favor of them playing a non-conference powerhouse every year in the first couple of weeks.
    Let's look at Michigan. There is understandably (in Michigan, anyway) the importance of playing a directional Michigan school like Ohio State plays in-state schools. Ohio State doesn't have the "natural" non-conference rival like Michigan does with ND. This year UM had Ball State, last year it was Miami(OH), and in previous years, Rice, SDSU, and Houston.

I'm interested to see what Michigan (and other Big Ten Schools for that matter) do with that 12th game. Ohio State brought in the pansy in 2007, but 2008-2016 look pretty awesome for non-conference games.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    OSU gets to travel to PBS in 2012 again.
    Is that the UC game again? I haven't seen it anywhere recently, but OSU thought about playing Kentucky in Cincinnati at one point.

OSU does have a game in Cleveland, I believe, in 2009 against Toledo. There is a game scheduled for Army that year at West Point, but I would not be surprised if that got moved to the Meadowlands, or the new Giants Stadium.

I'd love to se Ohio State get a natural rival that's non-conference. I thought West Virginia would have been on the schedule more after 1998 and Syracuse disappeared. Notre Dame's too busy with Michigan, MSU, & Purdue.

Quote Originally Posted by dieselman44 View Post
    I go to the university and am friends with a couple players, Gonzo is coming back, Ginn cya, Pittman is coming back.
    I am not doubting you, but I know a few people as well. Gonzo may come back but the hay is not in the barn. I think you need to go visit an OSU recruiting site. Suddenly they are trying to get back in on a few top high school running backs. The supposed top target is that Clay kid. Mutaman will probably be happy on this one, Clay chose to go to the Wisky-Buffalo game instead of the OSU-Michigan game. My guess is he ends up in Madison. Why else would they be after running backs when they are already so tight on schollies.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Back when I went to school there, OSU caught a lot of grief about not playing in-state schools. So starting in 1992, they reversed that policy and put a premium on scheduling in-state schools (they had gone 57 years without playing an in-state school). I think they've played all the Ohio Div 1 schools now, some more than once.

The last Ohio team to beat OSU was the Oberlin Yeomen in 1921 who won 7-6.

Little known fact, the Oberlin women's teams are called the Yeowomen.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Is that the UC game again?
    Yes.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Back when I went to school there, OSU caught a lot of grief about not playing in-state schools. So starting in 1992, they reversed that policy and put a premium on scheduling in-state schools (they had gone 57 years without playing an in-state school). I think they've played all the Ohio Div 1 schools now, some more than once.

I've been to Oberlin. The women there aren't "Yow-women". There are a few that were "Wow-Women"

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I am not doubting you, but I know a few people as well. Gonzo may come back but the hay is not in the barn. I think you need to go visit an OSU recruiting site. Suddenly they are trying to get back in on a few top high school running backs. The supposed top target is that Clay kid. Mutaman will probably be happy on this one, Clay chose to go to the Wisky-Buffalo game instead of the OSU-Michigan game. My guess is he ends up in Madison. Why else would they be after running backs when they are already so tight on schollies.
    You can never have enough RB's in college.

They have the Wells & Wells boys now, plus they are adding Brandon Saine from Piqua. I think they'll be just fine.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post

Are you saying that when you were there was the last time an Ohio team beat OSU?

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Let's look at Michigan. There is understandably (in Michigan, anyway) the importance of playing a directional Michigan school like Ohio State plays in-state schools. Ohio State doesn't have the "natural" non-conference rival like Michigan does with ND. This year UM had Ball State, last year it was Miami(OH), and in previous years, Rice, SDSU, and Houston.

I'm interested to see what Michigan (and other Big Ten Schools for that matter) do with that 12th game. Ohio State brought in the pansy in 2007, but 2008-2016 look pretty awesome for non-conference games.
    Michigan's schedule in 2007:

Eastern Michigan
    Oregon
    Notre Dame
    Penn St
    @Northwestern
    bye
    Purdue
    @Illinois
    Minnesota
    @Michigan St
    @Wisconsin
    Ohio State
    Not an easy schedule, but a lot of the key games are at home, with Wisconsin being an exception (and just before the OSU game - yikes!)

2008 they have Miami (OH) scheduled and 2 open dates still to announce. I'm guessing one of those is a PAC-10 team.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 12-04-2006 at 05:13 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?