Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Uniforms

Re: New Uniforms

I like them from what I can tell from pictures. They are a huge improvement.

Anyone know if authentic jerseys will be available before Christmas? Could someone ask on Saturday at Redsfest? Also, are the home hats the exact same as the "alternates" from last year?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    One of the things I liked about the vest as it allowed more color to be seen on the Reds uniforms. As the new home jerseys look now, all you see is white. Kind of like a hospital uniform. The only red will be the socks which you don't see anymore and that gawd awful piping which makes them look like the Red Sox. Again, inside the wishbone C thre should have been a contrasting color to make it stand out. I know I'm in the minority, but I really don't like the home uniforms. The Reds uniforms over the last few years really stood out as something different, black or not, but these just look generic.

The away uniforms look nice, but nothing special. Once again, the Diamondbacks went to the designer and came away with a uniform that had color, style, and just looked like something I'd like to buy. I won't buy one of these. I have a 20-year old Bench jersey that looks much the same and I don't wear it because it is so bleached out.
    Now that I've seen more pictures of them I've changed my mind about them. I originally said that they were Blech! I was wrong. They're even worse than that----they are outright boring. Ugg!

I'm with you WVRedsFan.

BTW, there was a photo of a player with his back to the camera (I think it was Brandon Phillips) where it looked like you could see the red jersy showing through his white pants where it was tucked in. What's the weight of this fabric? It looks cheap based on that photo.

Rem

I like'em.

I like the new uniforms. IMO they are the best Reds uniforms in 35 years.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Am I the only one that liked the early 90's hats? White with the red pinstripes.
    LOL forgot about that. They were definitely different but in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I like'em.
    The patch matches your avatar, so I'm not surprised.

Three more things I've noticed.

One - The backs of the White Uniforms look almost like the Astro back with the Large numbers and smaller name font.

Two - Is RedsZone going to have to change the "Reds Away" style again?

Three - they should turn this hat into the new Sunday Hat - IMO.

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I like the new look as well, especially the home unis. I was never a fan of black in the jerseys. It's nice to see the solid red cap as a staple again.

Now we just need to find some better players to fill them.

The red piping on the home uniforms doesn't do anything for me. It makes it look like a softball uniform. Other than that I like it. I don't love it but I like it. As for the road uniforms. I didn't see them at RedsFest but looking at them on the Enquirer's site, I love them. They look like the road unis from the mid 90s - which I really loved - without the red pinstripes. I'd prefer they wear the all red hat on the road too but, oh well.

Heath, I like your idea of that hat for the alternate jerseys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

These new Unis are fantastic. Simple, sleek, and clean -- plus the new lettering makes them unmistakably Cincinnati.

I'll definately be buying one for the upcoming season!
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Love em
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

Perhaps someone could enlighten me as to what is piping?

Quote Originally Posted by Deepred05 View Post
    The color that runs down the seams.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    These new Unis are fantastic. Simple, sleek, and clean -- plus the new lettering makes them unmistakably Cincinnati.

I'll definately be buying one for the upcoming season!
    Looking at them again on the second day and I like them even more than yesterday. Love Old School Mister Red replacing the Running Man. Not that the Running Man was bad. He just looked better back in the 70s. During the pinstripe years, his colors would blend from afar and he would look like he was wearing pink pajamas. But I always liked Old School Mister Red to begin with. I already have a t-shirt and a hat with him on it.

I'll have to wait until I'm gainfully employed full-time before I can purchase one of those bad boys, but I'll get one some day. Right now I'll settle for a new hat.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Deepred05 View Post
    Tubes that liquids travel through...but that's not important now.

Turn Off Ads?