Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Memorabilia Question

Memorabilia Question

Does anyone know the value of an autographed 1945 Brooklyn Dodgers team baseball would be?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Memorabilia Question

sava, it would depend on the quality of the signatures on it. The best place to determine the true market value of anything is, of course, ebay. If you're an ebay member, go there and do a Completed Items search using the following search string:

(194*,193*) (signed,autographed) baseball

You'll see what some from the 30s and 40s have sold for in the past few days.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

1945 Dodgers? Not as much as the next year, 45 was a war year lots of losers on that team, including Babe Herman at age 42 (after being out of MLB for 8 years) and king of the managing racists, Ben Chapman.

Well, there's one currently on Ebay with 1 day and 19 hours left and it's only up to $46.00
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

You'll see what some from the 30s and 40s have sold for in the past few days.
    BTW, I should've been clearer about what I meant with this statement. I meant that you could see what signed balls from that era, in general, had brought. Even that will only let you make a more educated guess as to what the one in question would bring.

Is that $46 one a '45 Dodgers? What's wrong with it. Is it rough and/or badly faded? I'll look for myself when I get to work, but in a hurry at the moment.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Turn Off Ads?