Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Josh Hamilton a Red

Re: Josh Hamilton a Red

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Unless he stays on the 25 man roster all year and does not play or contribute. This team is not deep enough or good enough to afford that. And then there's the idea of three catchers...
    The DL and a those 21 day stints at AAA to get ready are a beautiful thing. I actually think he'd be no worse in the 5th OF role than McCracken, Wise, Hollandsworth et al were last year. They could carry him if they had to. He can play CF defensively so he could be the defensive OF reserve/pinch runner at worst IMO. I'd be getting him some ABs in winter ball if I could.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Great move!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Uhhhhhhhh........meh......

This is dropping 50K and burning a roster spot for branding/marketing...

I give you the Reds feel good hit of the summer (late summer when its the only reason to still come to the ballpark)..... I can't wait to see him get a few swings after a brief September call up.... hearing the spin machine wax poetic about overcoming adversity will make my heat flutter.... I just wish the Reds would do it for real-ya know?

Seriously, good for Josh. I truly wish him only the best from the bottom of my heart. But please....

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Who says the D-Rays take him back? I wouldn't be surprised to see us offer him back and the D-Rays pass. Then we ship him down to Chattanooga.
    There is probably a 90% or better chance that very scenario will happen. The D-Rays would only take him back if the Reds were going to release him outright.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Bubba Crosby or Josh Hamilton?

Who would you guys rather see as the 5th outfielder?
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

At this point, Bubba, by far. Not much to pick between, but hey, that's why they're 5th OF'ers.

Hamilton has potential, and I think it's a good pick up. But not to develop him at the MLB level. If Krivsky can manipulate the roster to keep him inactive as much as possible, as mth123 mentions above, then it's good to go ahead and see if Hamilton has anything left.

You know what really bugs me about Hamilton? How his story has been protrayed as a feel good story. For what? Correcting a mistake he made? Eric Davis overcoming Cancer to play again was a feel good story. Hamilton's story is a SAD one...

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noskill27 View Post
    You know what really bugs me about Hamilton? How his story has been protrayed as a feel good story. For what? Correcting a mistake he made? Eric Davis overcoming Cancer to play again was a feel good story. Hamilton's story is a SAD one...
    True...but sometimes it FEELS GOOD to be Sad.

BTW, I'd take Bubba over Hamilton
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

This is dropping 50K and burning a roster spot for branding/marketing..

This is not Pete Rose Junior or Barry Larkin's brother. This kid had mega-talent.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

This is my first post so hi everyone.

I would take Hamilton over Bubba any day of the week. 5th outfielders are a dime a dozen and it would not be too difficult to replace Bubba with another washed up outfielder or bring one up from the minors to fill his place. Hamilton is that rare tallent that could have a huge upside. I would roll the dice with Hamilton, even though he probably is a long shot, and give him a chance to become what he once was projected to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    Ok are you serious ? Guardado was acquired for a prospect whom was recently let go by the Mariners. It cost the Reds nothing but $$$ and Eddie produced while he was active! A player who contributes to a Franchise in the majors at a "very" effective rate , even if for a short period of time is far more valuable than a prospect who gets cut by the team that accepted him in a trade. I must add that it was not at a exorbitant $$$ amount either. Just in case you create a scenario of acquiring a player with a huge salary .
    This is off topic, but I'd say acquiring a pitcher YOU KNOW IS INJURED costs more than what you traded for him. What happens is a lesser pitcher has to take his innings. Ryan Franklin leaps to mind.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post

This is not Pete Rose Junior or Barry Larkin's brother. This kid had mega-talent.
    had and he has about 0 chance of being a significant contributor now...

He has better then a 0% chance, you dont just lose talent. He still has it and could still develop into a stud major leaguer. The problem is he needs to be starting the season at AA and the reds have to keep him on the 25 man roster. Maybe he will surprise everyone and come out killing the ball in spring training, become our starting right fielder and hit 30 homeruns. Ok im pretty much dreaming.

The problem is he needs to be starting the season at AA and the reds have to keep him on the 25 man roster.
    This was the situation with Wily Mo, too. Patience will be required.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

I'd let TB have Moeller and Crosby just so they wouldn't take Hamilton back and we could send him down.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    This was the situation with Wily Mo, too. Patience will be required.
    maybe Hamilton can one day bring back something of value because Boston got ripped off in that deal, at least up to this point.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Turn Off Ads?