Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What's Left Out Their For The Redlegs..

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Re: What's Left Out Their For The Redlegs..

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Actually he is a bad pitcher. He was so bad the Cards wouldn't activate him for the playoffs. The guy couldn't get it done in ATL with Leo Mazzone there and couldn't get it done in StL with Dave Duncan.
    But he can hit, and the Reds will need another pinch-hitter for the bench with Chad Moeller sitting there picking splinters out of his ass.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    But he can hit, and the Reds will need another pinch-hitter for the bench with Chad Moeller sitting there picking splinters out of his ass.

Oh, he can hit. He might get 15 HRs next year.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Mark Prior and Wade Miller would be the leading candidates for the final spot in the rotation.
    Mark Prior and final spot in the rotation doesn't even sound right.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Mark Prior and final spot in the rotation doesn't even sound right.
    I know. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Cubs, but that's a pretty sad story. I'd like to see Prior go elsewhere and succeed. Like Cincinnati.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I know. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Cubs, but that's a pretty sad story. I'd like to see Prior go elsewhere and succeed. Like Cincinnati.
    same here. I would surely kick the tires on a possible deal for him. I just can't imagine the Cubs giving up on him.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Agreed. If you have those two as pitching coaches and you're not a good pitcher, well then, you're not a good pitcher.

It looks like the Cubs are going to sign Marquis.
    2004 - 3.71
    2005 - 4.13
    2006 - 6.02
    Career - 4.55

How does stack up against the Reds starting rotation right now? Oh let's see, it's better than everyone except Harang and Arroyo (and Aaron and Bronson's career era's aren't significantly better).

The guy had a bad 2006...but a great 2004 and a strong 2005. I think for the right price it would make sense.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    2004 - 3.71
    2005 - 4.13
    2006 - 6.02
    Career - 4.55

How does stack up against the Reds starting rotation right now? Oh let's see, it's better than everyone except Harang and Arroyo (and Aaron and Bronson's career era's aren't significantly better).

The guy had a bad 2006...but a great 2004 and a strong 2005. I think for the right price it would make sense.
    With Marquis, the problem is simply that he puts way too many balls in play, walks a lot of guys, and gives us a lot of homers despite a ground ball tendency. With the best defense in the league behind you, you can minimize some of that -- and he was successful when he had that great Cards D and kept the ball in the yard.

Last year he walked more, struck out fewer, and gave up more homers -- and he stunk. I'm gonna guess that the Cards' defensive efficient was down last year too. I look at Marquis and think that Elizardo Ramirez is at least his equivalent and certainly much much cheaper.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    We know the Reds are hunting for a 5th starter to build compitition with Ramirez, Claussen, Belisle, & Dumatrait. Also the Reds have be looking for a Rich Aurilia type player to not only platoon with Hatteberg at 1st but to play 3rd, 2nd, and purhaps OF. So I thought why not see what is left in the FA market that might fall into the Reds budget.

Starters:

Tony Armas Jr.
    Shawn Estes
    Rick Helling
    Jason Marquis
    Brian Moehler
    Mark Mulder
    Tomo Ohka
    Russ Ortiz
    Chan Ho Park
    Mark Redman
    Aaron Sele
    John Thompson
    Steve Trachsel
    Is Mark Mulder hurt? Because if he's going into the 2007 season healthy and ready to go, why not sign him? The Reds would get him at a sort of bargain price, and if he ends up turning into what he was in Oakland, the payoff will be HUGE!

Mulder's been talking to a lot of teams (or so it's been reported). He's got a shoulder problem.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGoWhiteSox View Post
    Is Mark Mulder hurt? Because if he's going into the 2007 season healthy and ready to go, why not sign him? The Reds would get him at a sort of bargain price, and if he ends up turning into what he was in Oakland, the payoff will be HUGE!
    He is hurt. It's been said that he most likely won't be ready to take his first start of the 2007 season until at least June 1st. He's not going to be allowed to throw off a mound until at least March 1st. He had work done on his shoulder. He's definitely not a sure bet for the 2007 season.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Mulder's been talking to a lot of teams (or so it's been reported). He's got a shoulder problem.
    He is hurt. It's been said that he most likely won't be ready to take his first start of the 2007 season until at least June 1st. He's not going to be allowed to throw off a mound until at least March 1st. He had work done on his shoulder. He's definitely not a sure bet for the 2007 season.
    Ok, thanks for the information. I was wondering why I wasn't really hearing his name among the big free agents.

Turn Off Ads?