Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Add Tally Number 8.....Deltha O'Neal arrested.

Add Tally Number 8.....Deltha O'Neal arrested.

According to ESPN, Deltha O'Neal was arrested early this morning and charged with DWI.

What else can be said at this point that hasn't already been said?

AMELIA, Ohio -- Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Deltha O'Neal was charged with driving while intoxicated early Saturday after being stopped at a traffic checkpoint.

The two-time Pro Bowl player had a blood-alcohol level of 0.10, above Ohio's legal limit of 0.08, the State Highway Patrol said. O'Neal was alone in his car and arrested at the scene, Sgt. Kevin Long said. O'Neal took a breath test and was released.

He is to appear in Clermont County Municipal Court on Dec. 12. The seven-year veteran is the eighth Bengals player arrested this year. Rookie receiver Reggie McNeal was charged with resisting arrest this week outside a Houston nightclub.

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said Saturday he was unaware of this latest arrest. The team withholds comment on unresolved charges against players, he said.

The Bengals host the Oakland Raiders on Sunday.
    Last edited by redsfan30; 12-09-2006 at 09:44 AM.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Add Tally Number 8.....Deltha O'Neal arrested.

I'd say I'm hopeful that they are not planning any riverboat cruise parties.

.10?

That used to be legal. Not a big deal, at least in terms of the usual Bengal arrests. That's a glass of water from being legal. I'm not going ot cast stones on that. I've probably driven worse. (Not something I'm proud of)

Unless he punched the cop. He didn't, did he? Never know with those boys.
    Last edited by guttle11; 12-09-2006 at 09:58 AM.

When will it end!?! God truly hates Bengals' fans; OK, you can finally have a good team to cheer for after a decade and a half of futility, but the team will be filled with a bunch of embarrassing lunkheads who constantly get in trouble with the law.

I guess it could be worse. They could be getting into all this trouble and be 2-10.

Do the Bengals get a volume discount on bail bonds?
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Its sad....yesterday on another board I attend someone said "I hope our boys read the newspaper, there is a checkpoint in there. Lets hope no one decides to stop by"

Fast forward to this morning and sure enough.....

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post

When will it end!?! God truly hates Bengals' fans; OK, you can finally have a good team to cheer for after a decade and a half of futility, but the team will be filled with a bunch of embarrassing lunkheads who constantly get in trouble with the law.

I guess it could be worse. They could be getting into all this trouble and be 2-10.
    If they were 2-10, nobody would care.

On the outside, it looks like the "thugs" are coming to Bengal-land just as the winning starts.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I wonder if Nancy Zimpher could turn things around?
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Do the Bengals get a volume discount on bail bonds?
    I'd hope so. I'd hate to see them have to deal with this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Its sad....yesterday on another board I attend someone said "I hope our boys read the newspaper, there is a checkpoint in there. Lets hope no one decides to stop by"

Fast forward to this morning and sure enough.....
    All he had to do was tune in to the Big One

Retired

My understanding is Deltha was on his 2nd strike with th NFL, and strike 3 was a lifetime ban.

For what?

I missed that...

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    For what?

I missed that...

Repeated violations of the league substance abuse policy. He's failed several drug tests.

Wow...didn't know.

I have to do a better job

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    If they were 2-10, nobody would care.

On the outside, it looks like the "thugs" are coming to Bengal-land just as the winning starts.
    O'Neal is probably charged with a BAC violation (prohibited blood alcohol content) and/or OVI (Operating a Vehicle while Intoxicated). It's a first degree misdemeanor in Ohio. I would hardly call that "thug" behavior. I deal with people charged with OVI/BAC on a weekly basis. I'd say 99.9% of them are your normal everyday average folks who made a stupid mistake and got caught. If they are "low blows" (under 0.17), they're likely to be social drinkers who just had one too many, thought they were okay, and decided to try to drive home. O'Neal only blew a 0.10, which leads me to believe he falls in that category. Usually what happens is that the person realizes they made a mistake, pleads guilty, gets 3 days in a driver intervention program and a fine and a license suspension with privileges for driving to work. Most people are so embarrassed that they get "scared straight" and it doesn't happen again. Getting arrested for OVI is hardly "thug" behavior. Is Ryan Freel a thug? He was busted for doing a lot more than blowing a 0.10.

Of the 8 Bengal arrests, 3 were for OVI (or Boating under the Influence for Steinbach). 1 was a resisting arrest arising from an argument over illegal parking, the charges were dropped and now Askew is suing for false arrest and excessive force. As for the other four, well, we'll have to see how the court cases play out before we deem them "thugs." In any case, I suspect you have at least that many players with similar legal troubles on every NFL team. The Bengals just have the luck of the troubles coming all in one season. Besides, these aren't the Boy Scouts we're talking about.

At least none of the Bengals have been charged with Murder or Drug Trafficking.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?