Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If the Cleveland Browns were smart

got alil captain in u?

If the Cleveland Browns were smart

on draft day robert goddell would walk to the podium and say with whatever pick in the nfl draft the cleveland browns select troy smith quaterback THE ohio state universt for many reasons

A.) heck of a quaterback and athlete
    B.)From the cleveland area would bring alot of fans in and if you know his story this man is a role model for inner city kids
    C.)Charlie Fry just aint gettin it done

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: If the Cleveland Browns were smart

I wouldn't wish that on Troy.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    on draft day robert goddell would walk to the podium and say with whatever pick in the nfl draft the cleveland browns select troy smith quaterback THE ohio state universt for many reasons

A.) heck of a quaterback and athlete
    B.)From the cleveland area would bring alot of fans in and if you know his story this man is a role model for inner city kids
    C.)Charlie Fry just aint gettin it done
    For as much as Troy Smith gets trumpted, very little is said about how amazing his supporting cast is at the college of columbus.

When you've got Ted Ginn and Anthony Gonzlez split on either side and Antonio Pittman in the backfield, it'd be hard not to find some success as a quarterback.

Troy Smith has looked great, but there are any number of QBs playing in college right now that would look great with those guys around him.

He's a hell of a player, but I wonder how effective he'll be at the next level. I'm not nearly certain enough to put a top-10 pick on him, or even a first round pick at all.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

got alil captain in u?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    me either trust me im not a browns fan in anyway cowboys fan but in my mind it just all sounded like it would be a good fit for both

Troy Smith doesn't project anything better than a clipboard holder until year 4. He had a great collegiate season this year.

I don't think anyone has him higher than round 2 on the draft board. If I were a Troy Smith fan (am not), I'd hope for him to be drafted by a middle to upper team so he wouldn't have to start immediately.

Since Vince Young is doing so well the last half of the year, I see him a 2nd rounder being drafted by the Vikings.

I think Smith is coming into the NFL at a perfect time, where a guy who can do more than drop back, sit in the pocket and read defenses can excel. I'll be more surprised if he is not a success than if he is, and before year 4.

I think Quinn will have a far more successful pro career then Smith.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Some said the very same thing about the Bengals drafting Palmer.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

If they were smart, Cleveland would draft the best Offensive Lineman they can get their hands on.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Some said the very same thing about the Bengals drafting Palmer.
    ...and they've all been proven wrong.

Kirk Herbstreit was mentioning this very thing on Sportscenter. He's says that Cleveland should have learned by watching what happened to Texas this year by not drafting Vince Young. He says that they should make sure they get him.

It would definitely be a great PR move, Cleveland fans would love it. I, on the other hand, would not love that so much...

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    If they were smart, Cleveland would draft the best Offensive Lineman they can get their hands on.
    Yeah, maybe that kid out of Wisconsin, Joe Thomas. He is a mountain.

Mel Kiper said today that Smith is looked at as anywhere from a 10th overall through 3rd round type of guy. So much will depend on his workouts because of his "lack of stature". Kiper said that the majority of GMs look at him as a mid to late first round draft choice.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Ryan Leaf had a better career than Smith will in the pros.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

It's been fun watching him as a Buckeye but no thanks.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Thoroughly agree Yachtzee. It will be nice to get Bentley back next year. That is almost like drafting an offensive lineman.

But they need both offensive linemen AND defensive linebackers.

Turn Off Ads?