Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone following the Colts game?

Re: Anyone following the Colts game?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I guarantee you the Colts will be ready and completely fired up for the Bengals next week. To be the Colts you have to have a good pass rush. THat's the only thing that can slow Manning down. The Bengals don't have that. The Bengals will put up points, but I have little faith in their ability to stop the Colts offense. I think we'll see a similar game to what we saw last year. I'd have felt much better about their chances had the Colts gone out and handed it to Jax today.
    Are the Colts going to get a new coach and new approach this week? Because unless that happens they will not come out fired up, getting fired up is not the Colts way or Coach Dungy's.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    You obviously haven't watched the Colts much. Run it down their throats.
    Yep. I'd start the game out running Rudy right at them. Not only because you can run against the Colts, but also because of ball control/time of possession.

I believe the Bengals have the better weapons. If the Colts try to adjust to stop the run, then the Bengals "trio" of receivers will have solid games.

If the game is allowed to be a shoot-out, then I'd be somewhat worried if I was a Bengal fan....

but not much.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I'm sure Baltimore said the same thing about the Bengals a couple of weeks ago. When defenses are exposed THAT BADLY, it has the tendency to wake them up and to fix the problem. It's a mistake to think that because the D was so bad the last couple of weeks, it's going to continue to be that bad all the time.

ON a positive note, yesterday was a great day for the Bengals. The Jets, Chiefs, and Broncos all lost. Heck, had the Jags lost it would have been a perfect day.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Remember, the people saying Jacksonville wouldn't win were basing it on the fact that Indy would be all fired up after losing the previous week and 2 out of last 3.

All fired up doesn't mean crap if you can't stop the run. Indy has a serious problem.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Next Monday should be a very good game...unless you like defense. Having Deltha back in the secondary should be a big help if for no other reason than to push Tory to the nickel back spot.

Is Bob Sanders supposed to be back next week for Indy?

Watch: the score of Cincy/Indy will be like 10-3.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

If Rudi carries the ball 35+ times, the Bengals will win. (Acually, they've never lost with him carrying 25+ times, but it will take more against the Colts.)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Are the Colts going to get a new coach and new approach this week? Because unless that happens they will not come out fired up, getting fired up is not the Colts way or Coach Dungy's.
    I haven't wanted to buy into that but I am starting to. As much as I like Dungy I've got to say that this is on him. Even with Tampa Bay his teams started out hot then faultered at the end of the season. That's two completely lack luster performances in a row. I would have thought losing to a bad Titans team would have brought some life to this team. And I think you're right if they don't completely change their approach I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts don't win another game, maybe Houston, maybe.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I was going to start a new Colts thread, but I did a search just in case we had one in the past. This isn't technically a Colts thread, but it'll do. It's really funny to read some of the posts in this thread considering how the season in question ended up. Especially this moron:

I haven't wanted to buy into that but I am starting to. As much as I like Dungy I've got to say that this is on him. Even with Tampa Bay his teams started out hot then faultered at the end of the season. That's two completely lack luster performances in a row. I would have thought losing to a bad Titans team would have brought some life to this team. And I think you're right if they don't completely change their approach I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts don't win another game, maybe Houston, maybe.
    That dude has no idea what he's talking about.

Anyway, I know there are a few Colts fans on this board and I figured we could use this thread to discuss the season.

I've been really impressed with the offense all season. I'm not sure if they've ever been better, I think Manning having a full training camp and pre-season has a lot to do with that. And since the Miami game the defense has looked good also. I'm pretty pumped for how this season could turn out (hopefully we don't have to play the Chargers).

EDIT: Guess we didn't have a "Tavern" back then. I'm sure this can be moved.

Not sure if the Colts Offense is that unstoppable or the Titans D just looked that bad.Either way another good day for Peyton who just makes it look routine just another day putting up 300 + yards passing.

Quote Originally Posted by cinredsfan2000 View Post
    Not sure if the Colts Offense is that unstoppable or the Titans D just looked that bad.Either way another good day for Peyton who just makes it look routine just another day putting up 300 + yards passing.
    Yeah, the Titans D is pretty bad this year. He's made it look pretty easy against pretty much everyone they've played this year. And I guess really Miami is the only team they've played with a really good defense. He put up 300+ yds against them with less than 15 mins total offense time of possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I was going to start a new Colts thread, but I did a search just in case we had one in the past. This isn't technically a Colts thread, but it'll do. It's really funny to read some of the posts in this thread considering how the season in question ended up. Especially this moron:

Anyway, I know there are a few Colts fans on this board and I figured we could use this thread to discuss the season.

I've been really impressed with the offense all season. I'm not sure if they've ever been better, I think Manning having a full training camp and pre-season has a lot to do with that. And since the Miami game the defense has looked good also. I'm pretty pumped for how this season could turn out (hopefully we don't have to play the Chargers).

It's remarkable that in the Colts' super bowl year, they looked as vulnerable during the regular season as they have since they began the playoff run. They lost three games in the division. Gave up 375 yards to the Jags on the ground. Gave up 153 yards to Ron Dayne in a loss to the Texans. They were on the whole mediocre for the last 8 weeks of the season. Fortunately Norv Turner can't coach the Chargers against anyone but the Colts.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

FWIW -- until Dungy won that Super Bowl, that quote summed up his career: nice guy, good defensive mind, good coach, teams fold in the playoffs. It's what got him bounced from Tampa.

Dungy proved a lot of doubters wrong, but that doesn't mean the position being taken by the doubters was illogical.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I'm not so sure about that. In the NFL, samples are so small, that it's virtually impossible to draw conclusions on that kind of thing. It's damned hard to win "the big ones" in the NFL. Very few teams do it consistently that a coach coming up short in those games a few times does not necessarily mean they're incapable of coaching in them.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post

The fool who made the statement that you responded to had not clue about anything either.....That was me. I really like the team this year, I like Caldwell and Peyton is on fire. It seems to me the Colts only weakness is the running game and I am not sure if we cant run the ball or just dont have to.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?