Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone following the Colts game?

Anyone following the Colts game?

Quite an upset if Jacksonville can hold on over the Colts, 37-10, 0:22 left in the 3rd quarter.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone following the Colts game?

Not good for the Bengals.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

If this game is any indication, Rudi is in for a great day vs. Indy.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Actually, Jacksonville was VERY confident that they would win the game going in. They felt going that Indy had no way to stop their running game.

Now that Jax has dumped the totally immobile, and slow-release Leftwich, they will be a very good team.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 12-10-2006 at 03:55 PM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Not so sure about that, the Colts are flat out terrible at nearly every phase of the game now. They cant stop the run, the offense has not been clicking and has struggled the last few games, and the special teams has been bad. I think the Bengals come here (from Indy, Cots fan) and wins IMO.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Not so sure about that, the Colts are flat out terrible at nearly every phase of the game now. They cant stop the run, the offense has not been clicking and has struggled the last few games, and the special teams has been bad. I think the Bengals come here (from Indy, Cots fan) and wins IMO.
    But it still would have been good if the Colts had beaten the Jags and put them farther back in the wild card race.

As the resident Titans fan, I would like to say that Vince Young is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

"My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

you guys can also thank the Titans for showing the NFL how to beat the Colts.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

The Bengals pass D is pretty bad though. It may be all Manning needs to get back on track.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

That's exactly what I've been saying this afternoon. The Bengals will be going into Indy next week against a very good team that has lost two straight. For the Bengals to win, it will mean that the Colts will have to lose three straight after starting 10-1. I don't see that happening, because of the law of averages, if nothing else. I hope I'm wrong.

As for today's loss at Jax, I don't see it as that much of upset. That's not an easy place to win, down there.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    The Bengals pass D is pretty bad though. It may be all Manning needs to get back on track.
    run the ball down their throats and don't let Manning on the field. That's how you beat the Colts.

I guarantee you the Colts will be ready and completely fired up for the Bengals next week. To be the Colts you have to have a good pass rush. THat's the only thing that can slow Manning down. The Bengals don't have that. The Bengals will put up points, but I have little faith in their ability to stop the Colts offense. I think we'll see a similar game to what we saw last year. I'd have felt much better about their chances had the Colts gone out and handed it to Jax today.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

In other news, the Buccaneers took another step forward in the quest to reach that mythical #1 draft pick and Brady Quinn.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I guarantee you the Colts will be ready and completely fired up for the Bengals next week. To be the Colts you have to have a good pass rush. THat's the only thing that can slow Manning down. The Bengals don't have that. The Bengals will put up points, but I have little faith in their ability to stop the Colts offense. I think we'll see a similar game to what we saw last year. I'd have felt much better about their chances had the Colts gone out and handed it to Jax today.
    You obviously haven't watched the Colts much. Run it down their throats.

In addition to having to hand the Colts their third straight defeat, I might also add that the Bengals will be going to Denver to face a Broncos team that will have lost three straight home games. Is it possible for the Denver Broncos to lose four straight games on their home field? How long has it been since that happened?

EDIT: I'll answer my own question. The Broncos lost four straight home games in 1990. That team finished the season 5-11. They lost three straight at home in 1994 and again in 2002.
    Last edited by macro; 12-10-2006 at 05:21 PM.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Turn Off Ads?