Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How about Brad Wilkerson in cf?

Gary Redus Ruled

How about Brad Wilkerson in cf?

It seems the Rangers signed Kenny Lofton and they may non tender Wilkerson. Id like him in cf pushing JR to right. He had a off year last year but a return to the NL and playing in GABP might get those 2004 numbers back. Thoughts?????????
    Hoping for another Reds October

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How about Brad Wilkerson in cf?

If he is on the market, I would love to sign Brad Wilkerson. He is a solid player, not the type of guy that should ever be DFAed.

Gary Redus Ruled

If healthy he could be the best of free agent on the market and a perfect fit in cf for the Reds

Too many k's!

Gary Redus Ruled

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon View Post
    Too many k's!
    Well I agree with that he does strikeout too much. Still I'd like to see him here.

We need some backup insurance. There is no way our current outfield is going to play all 162 games this year. Freel is probably your starter in right so we really do need some back ups with experience. We have some young guys but someone who could come in and start everyday if necessary would be great. Plus if the Reds do not sign a back up first baseman, Dunn is the logic choice to do this spelling the need for a player to play left on occassion for Dunn.

It never hurts to have extra guys going into spring training. It appears the extra relief arms the Reds have stock piled will eventually pay off with a starter in return. The Yankees are in dire need of relief help and have a ton of starters. I can see the Reds and Yankees making a deal to help each other out in this area.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellowjackets"

I'd sign him if he were to be DFA, but I doubt that I would trade anything for him.

Worked out pretty well last time we signed a gator. You know how I feel about it.

I like Wilkerson. I don't know how serious his injuries have been, but if he's relatively cheap I'd make a run at him. If he's healthy, he could do some serious damage in GABP. I think.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I'd sign him if he were to be DFA, but I doubt that I would trade anything for him.
    I would. "Wilk" will produce for you, and he'll play some great defense while he does it. I, personally, would love to see him roaming the outfield for the Reds. Dunn-Wilkerson-Griffey works just fine for me, thank you.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

He is from Daviess Kentucky so that is close to Reds.

Wow, from being traded for Soriano to DFA...talk about your drop in value.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Good CF, gets injured a little too much, has wicked OB skills, however makes the Reds really LH, a bit too LH.

Looking at his hitting chart in NL stadiums, it looks like the only Central Division team he did any damage too was the Reds...I really don't know too much about him.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Non tender date?

does anyone know the date by which teams have to offer arbitration to their eligible players? in the past there have been quality players non tendered ( David Ortiz! , David Eckstein )

Turn Off Ads?