Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pets in your house/bed?

Pets in your house/bed?

Some people have dogs/cat but they are strictly outside. Others have pets that are in the house but are restricted from the bed, couch, certian rooms, etc. Others (such as Mrs Ltlabner and myself) are fine with the pets curling up in bed with us. 3 cats and 1 50-pound dog take up a lot of real estate even in a king size bed.

Where do you stand?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pets in your house/bed?

We have a cat that is strictly indoors. He often sleeps with me and Mrs. at night and we don't mind a bit.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

For a Level Playing Field

One Jack Russell Terrier in our house who rules the roost. Sleeps in our bed (always curls up next to my wife), lays on our furniture, etc. Everytime we take him outside to do his thing he gets a doggie treat when he comes back inside... but it must be a meaty doggie treat. He will turn his nose up at dry treats like Milkbone. He gets to sit right next to me at any eating time and beg. Doesn't whine or sit up... just waits until I cannot resist his cuteness with a piece of meat (remember nothing dry for him!).

I like to say, "If you don't spoil them, then why have them?" I think Cesar the Dog Whisperer would like to do some of his training on me and my wife!

Two cats and a dog. The cats come and go as they please. The corgi belongs to my wife, who would toss me out before she would the dog.

None of them sleep in our bed, though. The cats have the run of the neighborhood. The dog stays in the yard, unless we're on a walk.

My wife will walk the dog, and those two cats go with her. Damnedest thing I've ever seen, them walking together through the neighborhood.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I have two indoor cats. They have the run of the house.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Dog.

She's usually inside, but isn't allowed in my office, the bedrooms or the kitchen.

The kitchen ban is of her own doing, after she wolfed down the substantial leftovers of a four person Chinese take-out.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Two cats, they go in out my office window from 7-3 and then they are locked inside. The little one will sleep on my wife for part of the night, the big one occasionally gets in between us and sticks his head out from out of the covers and on my pillow. I belong to him. They can and will sleep on the bed more when we aren't there.

We have a spaniel/beagle/whatever mix that goes whever he wants in the house within reason (he doesn't shed at all). We also have 3 greyhounds that have been trained, painstakingly, to stay off any furnature. They have "beds" on the floor of just about every room in the house.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I'm horribly allergic to many things, including both cats & dogs.

So my kid has a beta.

my cat was an indoor/outdoor cat until his death. parents didn't allow him on their bed, nor did my brother allow him on his. i encouraged the cat though

the cats we have now are all indoor cats. the only thing we don't allow is for them to hop onto the countertops or stove. the exception being the counter immediately next to the refrigerator so that they can get on top of the cabinets.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

We have 1 dog, Jack, a golden retriever, who is inside more than out. He is not allowed on the furniture or on the beds, and he never offers. He sleeps in our bedroom at the foot of our bed, on his bed or sometimes by my bedside. He just may be my very best friend. A wonderful dog.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Two indoor, but Molly likes to roam outside some when she can, and is a sneaky lil wench about getting out on you. She likes to sleep on top of the china cabinet way up high like a mountain lion. She also sleeps with me quite a bit.

Fatboy doesn't care to go outside at all. He can be found lounging on the back of the couch most anytime when he's not gutting up at the food dish. I suspect he'd be more active if he still had his nads.

They play-fight and 'rassle all the time. It's quite a show. They'll "box" each other and you can actually hear the punches land. <biff...bop...bap>
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

We have a pair of 25lb dogs. They do not sleep on our bed.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    We have a pair of 25lb dogs. They do not sleep on our bed.
    I bet my big cat weighs 16 pounds, he'll probably hit 20 some day.

1 dog (yellow lab named Elsa) and 2 cats (Zelmo and Beaty).

The dog is only allowed on the 1st floor of our house (no basement or 2nd story). She has a bed in the kitchen she sleeps in or anywhere on the floor. She is not allowed on any furniture. She treats these as immutable laws and you can't get her to get up on any furniture if you tried.

The 2 cats got tired of me rolling over on them and sleep with the kids. They are 2 males and are gay. They always sleep cuddled together and spend all their time licking each other.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?