Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Columbus Blue Jackets

Columbus Blue Jackets

Anyone suprised with the turn around this team is making? I've got tickets to saturdays game and I'm really excited, I think that we are heading into the right direction now!
    Let's make some noise!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Columbus Blue Jackets

They are far enough away from expansion that their farm system and draft picks are bearing their fruit. That Brule kid is going to be something special. You can already see it. I like Ken Hitchcock a lot more than Gallant as well.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Ken seems to have them playing harder, earlier in the year it didn't look like they were trying hard to get to the front of the net, or flying down the ice. They looked like they were in slow motion compaired to the other teams that they were facing.
    Let's make some noise!

Ken Hitchcock is a hard arese, he has a system and it's always rooted in defense, very clutch and grab he's yet to fully prove that his system works in the new NHL, what you might be experiencing is a swing to the mean, as the BJ's weren't as bad as they seemed to be. But I wouldn't drink the Ken Hitchcock kool aid fully just yet, give him a few months to see if the swing is him or the team.

KH is a very good coach. I'm driving up with the in-laws for Saturday's game; should be a blast! I haven't been to see the CBJ since I lived in Columbus.

After last night's 3-1 win over Dallas, that makes a 4-game road win streak and a 5-game win streak overall. I know its still early, but hopefully we can see a playoff game in Columbus this year!
    Let's make some noise!

I agree with woy - Hitchcock can do things in the Reg Season, but the playoffs are something else. He's an obstruction coach and that's what Doug McLean did in Florida. Hitch is a name and that helps with the credibility of the franchise. They just happen to play in the most brutal division in the league.

I'd love to watch them more, but Jeff Remer's voice on FSN Ohio is just grating. I wish they'd get someone else.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

It's always nice to see a newer team getting some traction. That said, Columbus is going to have to beat out at least one of Detroit, Nashville, Edmonton, Minnesota, Calgary, Anaheim, San Jose or Dallas in order to make the playoffs. It won't be an easy task. Vancouver and Colorado aren't pushovers either.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I agree with woy - Hitchcock can do things in the Reg Season, but the playoffs are something else.
    I'm not really a huge Jackets fan but I've been to a few games and being in Columbus will generally read some of the articles about them in the Dispatch. The Jackets goals right now appear to just be getting to the playoffs so I think if Hitchcock can do that he will be very popular with Jackets fans.

I will definately be there if we do make it!
    Let's make some noise!

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

I completely agree with WOY. Hitch has not shown an ability to adapt his coaching to the new NHL. I think what you may be seeing is the Jackets realizing they simply were not as bad as they played early on. The coach can certainly have something to do with that, but I think Hitchcock's effect in this area will be short lived. His long term success and that of the Blue Jackets will be determined by his ability to have a team succeed with the current style of play in the league.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    I completely agree with WOY. Hitch has not shown an ability to adapt his coaching to the new NHL. I think what you may be seeing is the Jackets realizing they simply were not as bad as they played early on. The coach can certainly have something to do with that, but I think Hitchcock's effect in this area will be short lived. His long term success and that of the Blue Jackets will be determined by his ability to have a team succeed with the current style of play in the league.
    Good point. You've got to be able to stick the puck in the net these days, to send numbers foward and get yourself three or four goals for a win. You can't just trap and counter. Teams like San Jose, Colorado, Atlanta and Tampa Bay will carve that up.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

The Jackets, even though they lost, showed a lot to me, after being down 4-2, they didn't give up and went into the sootout. I would've liked to have seen them win, but after that power play goal to put the Cyotes up by 2 they didn't give up. Nash had a GREAT game last night.
    Let's make some noise!

I don't know how that puck got through Norrena in the shootout. Simple bad luck, I guess. They've taken 11 out of a possible 12 points in the last 6 games. It's a start! Gotta come home Saturday and get back on the winning track.

Losing a lead to the Yotes pretty much plays into the Jackets main weakness, they don't have a D man that is world class nor do they have an effective offensive defenseman, they distribute 5 of their top 7 minutes played to defensemen and only 1 has a positive plus minus.

Turn Off Ads?