Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iverson....

Iverson....

Sitting out, if you haven't heard - until he is traded.

Indiana is one of the teams in the running. It would be nice if we could ship out Stephen Jackson & Jamal Tinsley for him. Not enough though, I don't think.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Iverson....

I see him going to the Kings, and Bibby being the main piece going back to the 76ers.

That's my random shot in the dark.

ESPN is reporting he vetoed a trade to the Bobcats. I bet he ends up in Sac like Highlife just stated.

Who cares, it's just the NBA, right?

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Beach Reds View Post
    ESPN is reporting he vetoed a trade to the Bobcats. I bet he ends up in Sac like Highlife just stated.

Per Rotoworld:

Bobcats coach Bernie Bickerstaff angrily denied a report that Allen Iverson nixed a deal that would have sent him to Charlotte on Monday.

"No. That’s the biggest crap I’ve ever seen,’’ Bickerstaff said of the report, which said that Iverson killed a deal by saying he wouldn’t play for the Bobcats. Bickerstaff did say he offered the team’s abundance of salary-cap room as a potential aid to Sixers chief Billy King. "Our situation with Billy King,’’ Bickerstaff said, "would be acting as a facilitator if that works to help us.’’ Iverson is going to be moved, but it's anyone's guess as to where he'll end up. Dec. 12 - 1:31 pm et

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

And for the record, I'd like to see him wind up in Minnesota with KG. Possibly for something like Ricky Davis and Eddie Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Sitting out, if you haven't heard - until he is traded.

Indiana is one of the teams in the running. It would be nice if we could ship out Stephen Jackson & Jamal Tinsley for him. Not enough though, I don't think.
    I'd love to see the Pacers dump SJack and Tinsley on some unfortunate team, but I don't really want Iverson either. But I suppose if I had to choose I'd take Iverson.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Looks like he's gonna be talkin bout pratice somewhere else.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B View Post
    I'd love to see the Pacers dump SJack and Tinsley on some unfortunate team, but I don't really want Iverson either. But I suppose if I had to choose I'd take Iverson.
    Atleast your getting rid of two problems and only getting one problem in return. I dont think getting Iverson would make the dwindling fanbase happy. When is Larry Bird going to held accountable for putting that mess of a team out there? Damn I miss Reggie, Rik, Dale, and Haywoode.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Beach Reds View Post

My fantasy team sure misses 30 pts a night, and now I lost Odom as well.:thumbdown

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Atleast your getting rid of two problems and only getting one problem in return. I dont think getting Iverson would make the dwindling fanbase happy. When is Larry Bird going to held accountable for putting that mess of a team out there? Damn I miss Reggie, Rik, Dale, and Haywoode.
    No kidding. I don't think I realized how much I enjoyed watching Reggie play until last year.

I agree about Larry, and I also think Carlisle needs to go, he has no control over his team.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

How old is Iverson, I think he qualifies as scrappy, can he play cf?

Definitely miss Reggie

I'd like having Iverson though, we haven't had a big time scorer since the legendary #31...

Denver & Indiana are the front runners right now according to ESPN... I guess Iverson said he'd enjoy playing there. They mentioned Jamal Tinsley and Marquis Daniels. I'd gladly send them Tinsley, Jackson, and Daniels for Iverson. Not sure if we would have to include a draft pick as well or not. Add a 1st Round pick and it makes the deal seem possible.

Not sure what our lineup would be, but it would be good.

Foster, O'Neal, Harrington, Granger, Iverson? Or maybe O'Neal, Harrington, Granger, Iverson, Sarunas? I'm not sure how Harrington would like Iverson being in Indy, seeing as they're both ball hogs, but who knows. I think it could work out.

Minnesota IMO is the most logical fit. The only question is whether or not AI and KG can co-exist.

If im the Sixers, I would try to get Randy Foye in any deal possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

RUMOR: Iverson to Miami Heat for anyone other than D. Wade and Shaq...

that would be fun to watch. AI would defer and play well with D. Wade and Shaq, IMO.

LeBron James was asked about playing with AI - he'd probably be the least selfish star that could play with AI.

The Cavaliers just don't have the right contracts to swap with Philly, so its a dead issue.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?