Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iverson....

Re: Iverson....

I live in Denver, but I admit - I'm not much of an NBA fan.. i like the college hoops tho.. MARCH MADNESS!!!

Anyway, whats everyone's input on his chances of landing here in Denver? I know the Nuggets have long needed a legit gaurd, and I think he and Melo would be pretty slick... Andre Miller stinks, and Boykins isn't a starter(altho a dang fine bench player IMO..)

As I said, I don't care for the NBA too much, full of prima donna's IMO and I just dont care for the game as much. Perhaps because the Nuggets were dreadful for so long, I never really identified with them(this used to be a football town you know.. hey, we've evolved..) But I've always like Melo since his Syracuse days, and he's had me checking out the Nuggets in my perhiphrial vision the past few years..

Anyway, didn't mean to get sidetracked.. but I guess I wonder if its even worth it to trade for a guy like AI, despite his abilities, simply becuase of the bagage that comes with him. Do you guys think there's a good chance he could land in Denver? What would they give up? And do you think it would be a good fit? ESPN seems to indicate that Denver is the front runner, and can offer 2 first round picks in next years draft.

As for Iverson, I think he'd have to certainly tone down his act. He wouldn't be the big man here. Melo is the star here, the face of the franchise.. and w/good reason. He's a pretty upstanding kid IMO who plays some mean ball. Would AI's ego get in the way of something that could be great? I dunno, I can't really answer these questions.. which is why I've come to you gurus..
    Last edited by cincyinco; 12-15-2006 at 12:12 AM.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

2. Turn Off Ads?

Turn Off Ads?