Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TV 5 sports said...

TV 5 sports said...

Sources are saying reds going to offer Reitsma a contract!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Re: TV 5 sports said...

If this deal goes down, it's another low risk deal that could potentially help the big club. Reitsma isn't going to command a high salary and could add to the depth of the bullpen. I like it.

I agree.. i never understood him being traded anyway by the last regime!!

If his elbow passes muster it's not a bad risk. I wonder how much velocity he'll have left though?

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    If his elbow passes muster it's not a bad risk. I wonder how much velocity he'll have left though?
    I like the changeup either way, as long as it isn't Chris Hammond style.

Pass.

My friends down in Atlanta despised Chris, he was considered their Eric Milton. He earned the nickname "gas can" from call-in shows, which is a really bad nickname for a relief pitcher.

low-risk, medium reward.

i like the concept.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

i'll wait until I see the offer before I decide on if I would like it. Anything other than a minor league deal is a waste of money until he proves he can still pitch at a major league level.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

More dumpster crabbing. I always liked Reitsma, but his arm may be gone.

He drove Atlanta fans (both of them) crazy.

I'll always like him for that.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geniusMoment View Post
    Pass.

My friends down in Atlanta despised Chris, he was considered their Eric Milton. He earned the nickname "gas can" from call-in shows, which is a really bad nickname for a relief pitcher.
    Ahhhh memories of Hector Carrasco. He was affectionately known as "Sunoco". Always pouring gas on the fire.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

He threw up ERA of
    4.07 2004
    3.93 2005
    8.68 2006

Last year was an injury riddled failure, but the previous seasons look fine to me. If the guy can pass a physical, what is there to hurt in a 500k contract for 1 year. Better than what we threw out there last year for the most part if healthy.

Maybe the #5 starter will be mix and matching of relievers...I think WK has been scarred for life in his first gig as a GM. How many bullpen arms are needed? Personally, I'd rather have Reitsma than spending $5 million on Mercker or Weathers. Depending on the $, of course.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

pass, this team has enough average to below average middle relievers.
    Last edited by deltachi8; 12-14-2006 at 12:50 AM.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

We need to get Catch22 in here to give us some insight on Chris' condition.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?