Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The X-Files

Re: The X-Files

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    There was an episode with a Cher loving elephant man which made me chuckle.
    Rumor has it that they asked Cher to appear in the episode, but she turned them down. Then she actually watched it, called them back, and said she had made a big mistake, because it was brilliant.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I was totally the opposite. Hated the aliens, the smoking guy, the sister plotline...but loved the creepy people.

The show on the carnies was great, considfering I lived right by that town for awhile.
    the conspiracy plotlines were a little too much at times. I enjoyed the episodes that broke away vampires, bigfoot, New Jersey sewer monsters, computers gone crazy, to mention a few
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Love, love, love the X-Files and still catch its reruns every chance I get.

I'm not sure if I've seen the "Home" episode... is the really really dark one where they find the mom (I think) under the floorboards in the house?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Love, love, love the X-Files and still catch its reruns every chance I get.

I'm not sure if I've seen the "Home" episode... is the really really dark one where they find the mom (I think) under the floorboards in the house?
    That's the one. It was banned from re-broadcast for a time. I think the one they're showing now might be edited to make it a little less gross.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Rumor has it that they asked Cher to appear in the episode, but she turned them down. Then she actually watched it, called them back, and said she had made a big mistake, because it was brilliant.
    Great episode for many reasons, one of them being the main character dancing his head off to Cher's rousing cover of Marc Cohn's "Walking in Memphis" at the end.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

That's the one. It was banned from re-broadcast for a time. I think the one they're showing now might be edited to make it a little less gross.
    I didn't know it had been banned, but I do remember it vividly (guess there was a reason for that).

It left me feeling very unsettled, and I remember thinking at the time that it was a very strange episode (stranger than the norm, I mean) because it was so deep, dark, and uncomfortable. I didn't enjoy it... instantly it became my least favorite, and I doubt I'd watch it again even if I had the chance.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

From Frank Spotnitz's blog:

http://www.biglight.com/blog/

IT'S TRUE
    Several people have e-mailed to ask about reports that the second "X-Files" feature is finally in the works. A script is indeed in development, but I'm afraid that's all I can say. Thanks for your good wishes and support all these years.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=20576

It’s been talked about for nearly ten years, but now, thanks to an out-of-court settlement, it might actually happen. David Duchovny, aka Agent Fox Mulder from the smash ‘90s sci-fi show The X-Files, recently spilled that show creator Chris Carter is finally in talks with 20th Century Fox about a second X-Files movie, having settled with them in a lawsuit over syndication profits. So when Empire got the chance to sit down with Gillian Anderson, aka Agent Dana Scully, to discuss her new film, Straightheads, we couldn’t resist bringing up her mooted return to the shadowy basement beneath FBI headquarters.

“They’re starting to talk about doing a feature again,” she confirms. “Every year or two they talk about it again, but it seems like it might be for real this time. Somehow it seems like somebody’s really serious about it. I know that Chris’ lawsuit with Fox is over, so maybe now it can be done.”

There’s no getting plot details out of her (“I keep in email contact with Chris but he won’t talk about it. At all”), but Anderson was able to say that it’s unlikely we’ll see the return of the little grey aliens at the heart of the series’ long-running conspiracy thread. “All Chris says is that he wants to make a really scary horror, like a stand-alone episode. I don’t think they’re interested in touching on any of the conspiracy stuff.”

The show disappointed many of its followers by petering out without wrapping up the story to their satisfaction. But Anderson says that the movie sequel’s function isn’t to appease the hardcore fans. “I actually don’t have enough of a perspective to say whether questions were answered or whether it was wrapped up enough in the end, and honestly there’s part of me that doesn’t care. I can be sympathetic to die-hard fans who might feel left in short shrift, but that’s where my sympathies lie!”
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    “All Chris says is that he wants to make a really scary horror, like a stand-alone episode. I don’t think they’re interested in touching on any of the conspiracy stuff.”

The show disappointed many of its followers by petering out without wrapping up the story to their satisfaction. But Anderson says that the movie sequel’s function isn’t to appease the hardcore fans. “I actually don’t have enough of a perspective to say whether questions were answered or whether it was wrapped up enough in the end, and honestly there’s part of me that doesn’t care. I can be sympathetic to die-hard fans who might feel left in short shrift, but that’s where my sympathies lie!”
    A stand-alone X-Files horror movie is a bad, bad idea.

A stand-alone X-Files horror movie is a bad, bad idea.
    I don't know. I found the episodes that weren't conspiracy based to be my favorites. Then again, perhaps the entire idea of making any sort of X-Files movies is bad at this point.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I don't know. I found the episodes that weren't conspiracy based to be my favorites. Then again, perhaps the entire idea of making any sort of X-Files movies is bad at this point.
    I liked the non-conspiracy episodes as well. But at this point, a decade after the show's heyday, would people go see an X-Files movie that doesn't relate to the main conspiracy thread? I think it would be box office poison.

All dyslexics must untie!

I've got a lot of X-pisodes on old VHS tapes but I haven't gone back to watch them in years...similarly, I haven't been re-reading the Lord of the Ring books since seeing the movie trilogy...it must be all those internet podcasts that are stealing away my discretionary idle time
    Never overlook the obvious

I liked the non-conspiracy episodes as well. But at this point, a decade after the show's heyday, would people go see an X-Files movie that doesn't relate to the main conspiracy thread? I think it would be box office poison.
    I actually think it might be the other way around. I know I couldn't care at all about the consipiracy stuff, but I'd probably go see a standalone movie.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Turn Off Ads?