Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wikipedia List of Players' Entrance Music

Wikipedia List of Players' Entrance Music

Threads on this subject seem to pop up once a year, so maybe a link to this site should go in the archives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...entrance_music

Some awesome choices:

Willie Bloomquist: "In Bloom" - Nirvana
    Pat Burell: "Holy Diver" - Dio
    Cliff Floyd: Theme from "Sanford and Son"
    Tom Gordon: "Flash Gordon Theme" - Queen
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wikipedia List of Players' Entrance Music

Luis Gonzalez, Arizona Diamondbacks: "Get'cha Head in the Game", High School Musical

My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Roy Halladay, Toronto Blue Jays: "Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor)", Robert Palmer ("Doc" Halladay?).
    Shigetoshi Hasegawa, Seattle Mariners: "Gettin' Jiggy With It", Will Smith (Gettin' "Shiggy" With It?)
    Raul Ibanez, Seattle Mariners: "Werewolves of London", Warren Zevon, "Me, Myself and I", De La Soul (A couple of good music choices there)
    Mike Mussina, New York Yankees: "The Zoo", The Scorpions (good song)
    Mike Myers, New York Yankees: Theme from "Halloween" ()

And yet no one has listed my favorite entrance music, "Kick Out the Jams" by the MC5
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Papelbon also went through an Ultimate Warrior(?) period, which means nothing to me, but all the wrestling fans went nuts over it.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Luis Gonzalez, Arizona Diamondbacks: "Get'cha Head in the Game", High School Musical

He must have a teenage daughter.

We wore out the "High School Musical" tape I made and now the DVD is on constant loop.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Mike Myers, New York Yankees: Theme from "Halloween" ()
    IMO the single best piece of 'simple' music ever.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

I want to get Burrel just to hear Holy Diver every time he came up. That might be the single greatest composition in human history. I don't care what it takes...just get it done Wayne.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    I want to get Burrel just to hear Holy Diver every time he came up. That might be the single greatest composition in human history. I don't care what it takes...just get it done Wayne.
    Even better than "Rainbow in the Dark?"
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Mike Myers wins, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Without a doubt
    Most Vottomatic Player

Even better than "Rainbow in the Dark?"

You guys obviously haven't heard Holy Diver in a while. I literally can't think of a single more intimidating moment for a pitcher than having a 6'4" 230lbs beast walk up to bat in a close game with Holy Diver playing in the background. I would just cry. "Ride the tiga'!"

You guys obviously haven't heard Holy Diver in a while. I literally can't think of a single more intimidating moment for a pitcher than having a 6'4" 230lbs beast walk up to bat in a close game with Holy Diver playing in the background. I would just cry. "Ride the tiga'!"
    I agree with Superdude.

If you're a Tenacious D fan, you know that Dio is a demigod.

Holy Die-VAH!
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Sorry Superdude, just yankin' your chain.

I'll give you "Holy Diver." It's good stuff.

I'll throw this one out there - "Holiday in Cambodia" Dead Kennedys ("Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death" Version). A very menacing use of bass and "surf"-style guitar.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

For some reason, whenever I think of entrance music, I remember the Diamondbacks inaugural season, when someone asked then "Star" 1st baseman Travis Lee why he always used Bush "Machine Head" and he said that he didn't like rock at all, he was a country guy. But someone on the Dbacks staff played it while he was warming up and 'thought it sounded cool' so he started using it.

Thought it sounded cool....that could be the euphemism of Travis Lee's career.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

By the way, ESPN did a compilation a few years ago that is a little different than the Wikipedia list

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page3...batsongs/index

Turn Off Ads?