Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toby Hall loves the D-Rays

Toby Hall loves the D-Rays

From FoxSports Rumor Section

Ex-Rays catcher Toby Hall, nontendered by the Dodgers, said several teams called and he expected better options (Phillies? White Sox? Yankees?) than a minor-league contract the Rays might offer. "That was funny," Hall said. "I guess it would be a minor-league contract because they're a minor-league team."
    Here's a link to the story...
    http://www.sptimes.com/2006/12/14/Ra..._confide.shtml
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Toby Hall loves the D-Rays

Hahahaha...yeah I saw that. Good times there Toby!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I wonder if Wayne is going to pick him up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Nice. So, I'm guessing he turned that deal down?
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Rotoworld fires back at Toby.

Way to burn those bridges, Toby. The club gave you more than 2,000 at-bats even though you never once managed a 700 OPS. Your OBP for the club was under .300, and you never came close to matching the 19 homers you hit at Triple-A Durham in 2001. If the Rays weren't much more than a minor league team during your tenure, well, it's in part because you weren't much more than a minor league player.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

lol.. rotoworld..

what a great burn!
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Not to mention his current team did not find him worthy of a contract.

HALL, NO?: The Yanks are interested in free-agent catcher Toby Hall (who was non-tendered by the Dodgers) as Jorge Posada's backup, but a person familiar with Hall's thinking said he'll first pursue a job with a club promising the opportunity for more playing time. Philadelphia, which recently lost Mike Lieberthal to L.A., is considered a strong possibility....
    LINK

Funny he calls them a minor league team, after they offered him a minor league contract.

Worst case sencario..He's not even a minor league player..why? He said so himself.

Last edited by klw; 12-15-2006 at 01:51 PM. Reason: remove image

Burning bridges are forevermore.

Toby Hall signed a 2 year contract w/ a club option for 2009 with the Chicago White Sox today.

CHICAGO -- The Chicago White Sox and free-agent catcher Toby Hall agreed Sunday on a two-year, $3.65 million contract that includes a club option for 2009.

Hall, 31, will earn $1.75 million in 2007 and 2008 and likely will back up A.J. Pierzynski. The White Sox hold a $2.25 million option with a $150,000 buyout for 2009.

Hall combined to hit .259 (72-for-278) with 17 doubles, eight home runs and 31 RBI in 85 games for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and Los Angeles Dodgers last season.

The 6-foot-3, 240-pound Hall -- who debuted with Tampa Bay in 2000 and was traded to the Dodgers in late June -- is a career .265 hitter with 116 doubles, 44 home runs and 259 RBI. He has thrown out 116 of 359 attempted base stealers.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I can not understand why give this clown 2 million he is the poster child for medicore

Quote Originally Posted by tomred View Post
    I can not understand why give this clown 2 million he is the poster child for medicore
    Who's Medicore?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?