Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Windows XP Logon Question

Windows XP Logon Question

A co-worker came to me yesterday and wondered if there is a way to get into his desktop when he has has forgotten his Windows logon password? He does remember his username.

So basically he can't get to his desktop.

He doesn't get on his computer much and always has it turned off. He's not real computer savy.

He doesn't want to do a computer restore because he has files/pictures he doesn't want to lose.

I personally don't know how he can do it other then taking the hard drive out and having a tech person download the files, and then do a computer restore/format.

The OS was pre-installed and I don;t think he has the XP CD either.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I downloaded this document.....

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/p...cle.asp?ID=305
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

2. Turn Off Ads?
    University of Cincinnati

Re: Windows XP Logon Question

Type in User Name - Administrator and hit enter (w/o entering a password) or if there is an administrator at your work call him and have him go in and reset the password.

If he can get in into the computer himself under Administrator do the following:

Right click on my computer.
    Click Manage
    Click Local Users and Groups
    Click Users
    Then right click his Username
    Click set password
    THE University of Cincinnati

There are ways...

Quote Originally Posted by beb30 View Post
    Type in User Name - Administrator and hit enter (w/o entering a password) or if there is an administrator at your work call him and have him go in and reset the password.

If he can get in into the computer himself under Administrator do the following:

Right click on my computer.
    Click Manage
    Click Local Users and Groups
    Click Users
    Then right click his Username
    Click set password
    It's his personal computer at home. I forgot to mention that. Not a work computer.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    It's his personal computer at home. I forgot to mention that. Not a work computer.
    Then try typing in Administrator in the username then not entering a password and click ok
    THE University of Cincinnati

Turn Off Ads?