Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 500 club

500 club

With Bagwell's retirement, I was just looking at the next set of players to join the 500 club. 2007 should easily add four members. Thomas, Thome, Ramirez and Rodriguez. Of the four, I'm most excited about seeing the Big Hurt make it in. I think all those years in a Sox uniform hurt him from getting all the props he really deserves. Should be an exciting season, even if it's not in Cincinnati

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 500 club

Is ARod still on pace to become the fastest to 500?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Also Junior is 37 homers from the 600 club.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Also Junior is 37 homers from the 600 club.
    It'd take a big year, but if he's reasonably healthy getting to 600 wouldn't be totally out of the question in 2007.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    It'd take a big year, but if he's reasonably healthy getting to 600 wouldn't be totally out of the question in 2007.
    The last time Junior was reasonably healthy, I could fill my car up with gas for $10.00
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    The last time Junior was reasonably healthy, I could fill my car up with gas for $10.00
    $10

What were you driving? a Model T?
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    $10

What were you driving? a Model T?
    Close, a Neon.

Eh, 2 years ago a Griffey season of 128 games hit 35 HR. If He can have a similar season, as either of the last two years, he will get relativey close with 450 at bats. A move from CF could help him get those at bats.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Is ARod still on pace to become the fastest to 500?
    He was the youngest to get to both 300 and 400 so I would think so. As "bad" as his last year was played up by the press, he still hit 35 homers in 2006 so that shouldn't take him too far off the pace.

Normally I advocate caution in dealing with young players, but this is a good example of it favoring the player and the team to bring him up young. You could argue that Seattle could have had him longer, but A-Rod really had the biggest impact on a good team while he was there, and it's that early start that will contribute heavily to him breaking these records as long as he stays healthy. It's cyclical though, I suppose -- one of the reasons he's been able to rack these numbers up (besides talent) is his health, and he's healthy partly because he works so hard, and it's his work ethic that made it a safer bet to bring him up young.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Normally I advocate caution in dealing with young players, but this is a good example of it favoring the player and the team to bring him up young. You could argue that Seattle could have had him longer, but A-Rod really had the biggest impact on a good team while he was there, and it's that early start that will contribute heavily to him breaking these records as long as he stays healthy.
    It's a good thing for A-Rod Jerry Narron wasn't managing SEA then.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Turn Off Ads?