Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UC loses to OSU, surprise surprise

Porkchop Sandwiches

UC loses to OSU, surprise surprise

Wow, that is one ridiculously talented team. UC will need a couple years to get close to making these kinds of games worth watching. Mick will do it, but the talent and depth isnt there yet. They seemed emotionally drained, and were shooting horribly yet again. Still, I have to be happy with the effort of a team that knows it is overmatched.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: UC loses to OSU, surprise surprise

Was there any doubt?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Was there any doubt?
    Quite amazing they duck UC for 40+ years, conveniently agree to play the game when UC has its worst team in 20+ years thanks to Zimpher, and now you already have Thad Matta saying they will not play UC again in the future.

Amazing indeed.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Was there any doubt?
    Not now, but there's been grumbling around Clifton for several years that the College of Columbus was ducking them during the Huggins-era whenever UC approached them about scheduling a game.

Easy to beat a program once it's been declawed. Typical for OSU, though.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

My thoughts exactly R4L and CE. Where they been the last 15 years? Oh that's right, duckin' and dodgin'. Didn't have the guts to pony up the last decade + when they would have gotten rolled.

I'm an OSU fan when it comes to football. When it comes to basketball, I hold out hope that a MAC team, especially Kent State, can pull a Gonzaga and become a perennial powerhouse. I think that OSU not playing UC in such a long time, scheduling them in a year when they are weak, then talking about not scheduling them again is pretty lame.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I don't know about getting "rolled." Ohio State did take a team to the final 4 in 1999 and has shared or won the Big 10 more than a few times. Go ahead and point out that some of that was taken away because of O'Brien's stupidity because the UC program has been choirboy clean over the same period.

Regardless, its easy to say "we would have kicked your butts" now that you know it cannot happen. That was an ugly beatdown today, all the other stuff is just white noise. Keep on making the excuses and blaming global warming and a fading bball program on Zimpher. That ought to get the program out of a rut.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I don't know about getting "rolled." Ohio State did take a team to the final 4 in 1999 and has shared or won the Big 10 more than a few times. Go ahead and point out that some of that was taken away because of O'Brien's stupidity because the UC program has been choirboy clean over the same period.

Regardless, its easy to say "we would have kicked your butts" now that you know it cannot happen. That was an ugly beatdown today, all the other stuff is just white noise. Keep on making the excuses and blaming global warming and a fading bball program on Zimpher. That ought to get the program out of a rut.
    It's not an excuse when it comes to Zimpher, it's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycint View Post
    My thoughts exactly R4L and CE. Where they been the last 15 years? Oh that's right, duckin' and dodgin'. Didn't have the guts to pony up the last decade + when they would have gotten rolled.

Jim Jackson called...

Porkchop Sandwiches

Was there any doubt?
    I was quite pleased with UC's defensive effort considering OSU's talent level, but the offensive disappearance was disconcerting.

14 points in the first half? I dont care how badly shots wont fall, that is bush league.

University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post

Why am i not suprised that you made this comment? I swear you like to go against what other people say just b/c you like to argue.....Its the truth the avoided us for 40 plus years, and now when we have a team that is made up of a bunch of random guys that havent played together then OSU wants to play us. Yes we aren't that great of a team. Yes we got our butts kicked, but I garuntee that the outcome would be alot different given the last few years.....
    Last edited by beb30; 12-16-2006 at 11:08 PM.
    THE University of Cincinnati

I was disappointed with both teams

Quote Originally Posted by beb30 View Post
    Why am i not suprised that you made this comment? I swear you like to go against what other people say just b/c you like to argue.....Its the truth the avoided us for 40 plus years, and now when we have a team that is made up of a bunch of random guys that havent played together then OSU wants to play us. Yes we aren't that great of a team. Yes we got our butts kicked, but I garuntee that the outcome would be alot different given the last few years.....
    I made the comment because I am a Buckeye fan and doubt that UC would have "rolled" in all but a few years, like the one just before the Final 4 appearance. UC always liked to talk the dukey back then, when they thought they had the horses and they knew that tOSU probably wouldn't take the little chirpy challenge from Huggins, whom Geiger could not stand (little did he know he hired a cheater himself--er, I mean a humanitarian with a big heart who let it get in the way of good decisions ).

Now, UC fans blame tOSU for finally playing you in a down year. I don't know this for sure, but I think this game was scheduled before Oden and co. were committed and while possible sanctions for tOSU were still pending. Plus, the UC program wasn't in such disarray at the time it was scheduled either. But I'm not 100% sure about that. So, it isn't like Ohio State backdoored this game and said "sure, we'll kick your butts now if you want us to." Sounds like so much whining to me, sort of like Michigan fans about the NC game.
    Last edited by traderumor; 12-16-2006 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    I tell you, there were some masons in the crowd asking for union cards on both benches. Ohio State hasn't shot the ball well since Oden hit the floor. Must be some adjustments in the flow that isn't there right now. But I think what you see is what you get for UC.

Porkchop Sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    Really? Why?

OSU so thoroughly whooped UC the first half, I think they mailed it in the second half allowing them to seem less impressive. As far as I am concerned, they are the #1 team in the country. Talent in both the back and front courts.

Turn Off Ads?