Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Jays shopping Alex Rios for a starter

Blue Jays shopping Alex Rios for a starter

Since the BlueJays put alot of money down on Wells, they are now shopping Alex Rios for a starter.. he is young and a power hitter..i would love to see him in CF with JR in RF..
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/mlb/blue-jays/rumors.html

Wonder if they would take Milton if we paid half his salary along with another pitcher Cormier?? for Rios??? or even a prospect..not named Bailey!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Blue Jays shopping Alex Rios for a starter

No way Toronto moves Rios for Milton.

Rios has lots of value as he is young, cheap, and good. Milton is the exact opposite of that. Plus Riccardi has said in the past that obtaining Milton makes no sense for the Jays as they play in a homerun park and Milton is a homerun pitcher.

I would immediately offer Arroyo for Rios and a halfway decent minor league pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I would immediately offer Arroyo for Rios and a halfway decent minor league pitcher.
    There is no way to justify trading starting pitching at this juncture IMO.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Prospects is about all we have to offer as far as pitching. If we could get the blue jays to go for a package centered around wood, but they can probably get alot more for rios.

It is rather frustrating to see oportunities like this, but to know we have little chance because of a lack of young trading chips, thanks to years upon years of scouting and minor league abuse. Thanks Jimbo, thanks Marge, thanks Dano, thanks Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    There is no way to justify trading starting pitching at this juncture IMO.
    This team isn't going anywhere with or without Arroyo. I'd rather have the future superstar than 2 more years of Arroyo.

That is, if Toronto would do that.

yep, Rios is a stud, and there's no chance this team is in the running.

Now........just sayin, but do you wonder if a combo of Felipe and Elizardo would've worked? Just throwing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    yep, Rios is a stud, and there's no chance this team is in the running.

Now........just sayin, but do you wonder if a combo of Felipe and Elizardo would've worked? Just throwing that out.
    not a chance. EZ has very little value at all IMO.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Oleny says the Mets could deal Miledge and Heilman. I doubt the Reds could match that.

Oleny says the Mets could deal Miledge and Heilman. I doubt the Reds could match that.
    Homer and Votto, but I don't know if I would do that.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I like Rios and everything, but let's not go crazy over a bat.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Homer and Votto, but I don't know if I would do that.
    Sorry....the Reds could match, but at a severe expense. Rios is under control for 4 more years, so that comes into play.

Sorry....the Reds could match, but at a severe expense. Rios is under control for 4 more years, so that comes into play.
    he would look great in the Reds outfield though.

If not EZRam (though I do disagree with you about his value), I really think that a combo of Felipe and EZ, or Milton, or Dumatrait may have worked.

All of this, of course, doesn't matter however, since the main piece of that offer is the new secondbaseman in Washington.

Turn Off Ads?