Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MNF: Bengals/Colts

MNF: Bengals/Colts

Might as well get this thread started.

Huge game tomorrow...might as well be a playoff game for the Bengals. Although Jax losing today helps.

Here are some thoughts/questions.

• The Steelers have awoken. I dread playing them in two weeks. Let's win the next two so that one's not as important.
    • Everybody and their brother is picking the Bengals to beat the Colts. And with the media abuse the Colts have been taking, they're going to be trying to prove something tomorrow...in their house.
    • Does it help, maybe, that the Cotls have already clinched a playoff spot? I don't think so...see above.
    • As a Bengals fan, I'm actually pleased to be 8-5 right now...especially with their brutal schedule. They've lost to some teams they clearly should have beaten and they've won some games I didn't expect to win.

Predicitons for tomorrow's MNF game?

I'll take the Bengals (because I'm a homer)...in a shootout...kinda like, you know, the last team with the ball is gonna win...
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Re: MNF: Bengals/Colts

I look forward to the Steeler game. Payback is a (insert your choice of words).

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    I look forward to the Steeler game. Payback is a (insert your choice of words).
    Oreo!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    • Everybody and their brother is picking the Bengals to beat the Colts. And with the media abuse the Colts have been taking, they're going to be trying to prove something tomorrow...in their house.
    One of the most annoying trends in the national sports media, especially the four-letter network, is the constant "what have you done for me 10 seconds ago" coverage the NFL gets these days.

Nobody has "good games" and "bad games" -- instead, they become Super Bowl presumptive favorites after 1 big game, then go back to being chumps who will never win another game after 1 bad loss.

It's like the entire league is being covered by a bunch of people with ADHD and bipolar disorder.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

It's like the entire league is being covered by a bunch of people with ADHD and bipolar disorder.
    Well, have you ever actually listened to Chris Berman?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    One of the most annoying trends in the national sports media, especially the four-letter network, is the constant "what have you done for me 10 seconds ago" coverage the NFL gets these days.

Nobody has "good games" and "bad games" -- instead, they become Super Bowl presumptive favorites after 1 big game, then go back to being chumps who will never win another game after 1 bad loss.

Or a bunch of former jocks who, alot of times, don't appear all that intelligent. But they DID play the game...

The Colts have not lost 3 straight games for a long time and I just dont see them losing against the Bengals on MNF where they havent lost for a long time. The Colts have been getting drilled not only nationally but also locally so I see them sucking it up and getting it done against the Bengals 38 to 27.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

A few weeks ago I wasn't too worried about this game. I figured the Colts would be, maybe, 12-1 or 11-2, may have already clinched homefield advantage and the Bengals would still be motivated. I think the Bengals are still motivated but the Colts have been embarassed nationally with their performance and the pounding they've taken in the media. I think they'll be pumped and the home crowd will be out for blood.

The Broncos are about to go to 8-6, the Jags dropped to 8-6 today and the Steelers, Jets and Titans are all 7-7. The Bengals really need to win this to keep some seperation between themselves and everyone else. I'm past trying to figure out tie-breakers, the only thing I'm comfortable with is the Bengals winning the last three games.

I think this will be a tough hard-fought game and it may not turn out to be the shoot-out everyone expects. Maybe something like 20-17 for the winner.

Rem

I really, really, really need the Bengals to lose. I know the Titans have very slim chance to make the playoffs, even if they go 9-7, but I would like to keep the dream alive.

I hate the Colts, but they have to win.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I've been looking forward to this game since the pre-season.

I see the Colts coming out guns ablazin' but not have Dallas Clark is gonna hurt.

I see the Bengals winning this one, 27-24.

WHO DEY!

Who-dey!

Bengals 34
    Colts 24

Porkchop Sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Or a bunch of former jocks who, alot of times, don't appear all that intelligent. But they DID play the game...
    Tracy Jones would be a great football analyst.

EDIT: My pick is 27-17 cincy

I have a feeling this is a game which can once again be won or lost with stupid mistakes (then again, that can be said about every game. How is that for non-commital?).
    Hopefully, the Bengals will make fewer stupid mistakes than the Colts.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I really, really, really need the Bengals to lose. I know the Titans have very slim chance to make the playoffs, even if they go 9-7, but I would like to keep the dream alive.

I hate the Colts, but they have to win.
    Dude- did you just really post this on a Reds board?

I agree the Colts will win, but not that they must. I'll be in Brandon, Florida cheering them on with a crap load of other Bengal fans.

The Colts may be fired up and all, but can they do anything about it? It is still a battle of good offenses against bad defenses, but Indy's offense has not been clicking either and ours has. Trends go to the Bengals, but then Indy might be able to get it done one week, on a fast track in front a loud crowd. This is nothing more than a pick 'em with turnovers probably holding the key.

Turn Off Ads?