Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MNF: Bengals/Colts

Re: MNF: Bengals/Colts

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Dude- did you just really post this on a Reds board?

I agree the Colts will win, but not that they must. I'll be in Brandon, Florida cheering them on with a crap load of other Bengal fans.
    I'm much closer to Nashville than Cincinnati. I am a true Reds fan and a true Titans fan.

You ought to see me when I wear my Reds shirt and Titans hat, it's quite a sight.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    One of the most annoying trends in the national sports media, especially the four-letter network, is the constant "what have you done for me 10 seconds ago" coverage the NFL gets these days.

Nobody has "good games" and "bad games" -- instead, they become Super Bowl presumptive favorites after 1 big game, then go back to being chumps who will never win another game after 1 bad loss.

It's like the entire league is being covered by a bunch of people with ADHD and bipolar disorder.
    My thoughts exactly! They've been blowing hard for the Bengals lately and since last Sunday' they've been talking about what a shambles the Colts are. I'll be shocked if the Bengals win this game. Not because the Colts are so much better, but because of the law of averages. Cincinnati is due a letdown game after playing on a high for several weeks in a row, and the Colts are due a bounceback after starting 10-1 and then losing three straight.

Next week's game at Denver will be tough, as well. I mentioned this last week, but the Bengals will be attempting to hand the Broncos their fourth straight home loss. And now Pittsburgh appears to have its act together, so they'll be a handful in the final game.

The Bengals have to win two of the final three to have a shot at making the playoffs, and I just don't see it happening. The schedule-makers apparently had a bone to pick with them this season. Then again, they can only blame themselves for losing to a Tampa Bay team that may very well end up the season 3-13.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    My thoughts exactly! They've been blowing hard for the Bengals lately and since last Sunday' they've been talking about what a shambles the Colts are. I'll be shocked if the Bengals win this game. Not because the Colts are so much better, but because of the law of averages. Cincinnati is due a letdown game after playing on a high for several weeks in a row, and the Colts are due a bounceback after starting 10-1 and then losing three straight.

Next week's game at Denver will be tough, as well. I mentioned this last week, but the Bengals will be attempting to hand the Broncos their fourth straight home loss. And now Pittsburgh appears to have its act together, so they'll be a handful in the final game.

The Bengals have to win two of the final three to have a shot at making the playoffs, and I just don't see it happening. The schedule-makers apparently had a bone to pick with them this season. Then again, they can only blame themselves for losing to a Tampa Bay team that may very well end up the season 3-13.
    Talking to Bengal fans about the law of averages is just ironic. I swear to god I used the law of averages as justification before every season as to why I'm still a Bengal fan. Every year HAD to be the year.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    I really, really, really need the Bengals to lose. I know the Titans have very slim chance to make the playoffs, even if they go 9-7, but I would like to keep the dream alive.

I hate the Colts, but they have to win.
    I'm afraid the height of the Titans' season was beating the Colts.

As for the game: I thought for sure it was not going to matter to either team, the way the year started. I cannot believe I didn't try to buy those tickets from GriffeyFan, I hate myself. If it's a shootout the Colts win pretty easy I think, but if the Bengals slow it down, run the ball and keep the Colts D on the field I think they will win by 7-10 points but dominate the game. Peyton doesn't seem to do well when he has to sit for long periods of time.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B View Post
    I'm afraid the height of the Titans' season was beating the Colts.
    No way, the height of the season was when Vince took it to the house against Houston. 5 in a row after starting 2-7, that's pretty good.

BTW, I think the Colts will win, but only because it's in Indy. Otherwise, I would have picked the Bengals.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    No way, the height of the season was when Vince took it to the house against Houston. 5 in a row after starting 2-7, that's pretty good.

BTW, I think the Colts will win, but only because it's in Indy. Otherwise, I would have picked the Bengals.
    Yeah that's very good after starting 2-7, they should have gone with VY all season, but I just don't see 9-7 making the playoffs in the AFC. I do really like Vince, my wife is from Austin and I have kind of become UT fan, since they rarely play Notre Dame, but anyway I just hope he can stay healthy. I just don't think that QBs who don't stay in the pocket can stay healthy, atleast it's a very small percentage.

And I don't think it matters where the game is. Like I said if the Bengals run the ball and keep PM on the bench they'll win.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Talking to Bengal fans about the law of averages is just ironic. I swear to god I used the law of averages as justification before every season as to why I'm still a Bengal fan. Every year HAD to be the year.

Yep, I think I did that too, to some extent. We weren't the only ones. Mike Brown gave all indications that he believed it, as well. Before he gave up sole control of the team, he used to talk about how things in the league are cyclical and how it was the Bengals turn, etc. Bidwell in Arizona and the guys who own/run the Lions are further evidence that there's not necessarily a "turn" for every franchise. And it's funny how some franchises seem to have more than their fair share of "turns" to be great.

That being said, I still believe in cycles and the law of averages when it comes to individual seasons, provided the team is good, like the Colts. Now, a 3-13 team is a 3-13 team, and no law of anything can help them avoid losing nine straight. But teams like the Colts and the Broncos are just too good to keep on losing. By the same token, I don't have faith that the Bengals are good enough to keep on winning. This team has proven that it's streaky. I fear another streak, of the wrong kind.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Winning on the road in the NFL is still very, very tough. Forget about records, forget about momentum. The Bengals are going to have to play like there's no tomorrow up there.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Yeah, that dome in Indy can get *real* loud.

I don't know if the Bengals defense has been playing well lately because they are actually getting better or if they've just played against a bunch of bad offenses. I suspect we will find out tonight.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

It's like the entire league is being covered by a bunch of people with ADHD and bipolar disorder.
    It's the sport that I hear every August is going to kill baseball.

I'm still waiting.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Bengals win at Indy and at Denver and they lock up the #5 seed before stepping on the field against the Steelers. No one else can win 11 games but us. We get that 10th win, including a win over Denver and we hold the tie breakers over everyone. That would be ideal, and resting our guys a little bit against Pittsburgh, becuase honestly, I dont like the idea of a rivalry game, against a team wanting to prove a point when we have nothing to play for.

Did anyone see the Colts/Jags hihglights on Inside the NFL?

Yeah, the normal highlights displayed the shabby tackling, but when the footage was more close and gritty, they looked even worse.

I just can't see the Colts being able to stop the Bengals at all.

They're also without Brandon Stokely and Dallas Clark tonight.

I think I'll go over to the King Avenue 5 and watch it there. Should be a hoot.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Bengals win at Indy and at Denver and they lock up the #5 seed before stepping on the field against the Steelers. No one else can win 11 games but us. We get that 10th win, including a win over Denver and we hold the tie breakers over everyone. That would be ideal, and resting our guys a little bit against Pittsburgh, becuase honestly, I dont like the idea of a rivalry game, against a team wanting to prove a point when we have nothing to play for.
    Here's a question: How much, if at ALL, do you play Carson against the Squealers IF we happened to have that #5 seed wrapped up???

I'm not even going to mention the nightmare scenario for Carson versus the Steelers in that situation...

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

What are my odds of the Bengals keeping Marvin Harrison under 100 yards with no TD's?

If he has 99 yards or less and no TD's I win $600.

I'd say I have a 25% chance. Using baseball as an analogy, I'm a Juan Castro hit/walk from winning $600.

Go Bengals! Go secondary!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Here's a question: How much, if at ALL, do you play Carson against the Squealers IF we happened to have that #5 seed wrapped up???

I'm not even going to mention the nightmare scenario for Carson versus the Steelers in that situation...
    Honestly, he wouldnt see more than 2 drives if the Bengals are 10-5 against the Steelers. Neither would Chad or Rudi or TJ. Willie maybe plays a half. Seriously, I would play the game like game 2 of the preseason.

Turn Off Ads?