Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: MNF: Bengals/Colts

Re: MNF: Bengals/Colts

god please dont let pittsburgh catch up to us

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well, its pretty clear what happened--bad game plan. Many have said it better than I, but it was clear that the plan was flawed. Oh well, coaches outsmarting themselves, go figure. Go win the next 2 and forget about this one.

Game summary by the ESPN crew:

• Peyton Manning is the best QB in the history of the world (all three want to have his babies)
    • Bengals are all crack-heads and thugs that can't stay out of trouble
    • Dwight Freeney is fast (well...he is...but hey, I could have gotten to CP against that O-line)
    • Matthew McConaughey is sooooo cool and sexy.
    • Theisman learned a new word: Judiciously (and used it about 17 times to show it off)

That pretty much sums it up.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Oh...wait...one more thing...

• Carson Palmer tends to get greedy

The worst part, having to watch it with my Father-in-law, who always roots for whichever team I'm rooting against.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

just some observations..marvin lewis looks like he is near tears near the end of our losses(who can blame him though)..chris henry had a hand amputated on the way up i-74..the indy receivers run out 10 yards unmolested/catch the ball wide open/then run 5 yards before any1 touches them and we hear what a great play it is?????..we are down 3 scores with 10 minutes left and one hand off to rudi after the other...we choke practically every prime time chance we get...are we ever gonna go to the next level???

I said it last week (or the week before)...Have you ever seen a team that is worse at surrendering first downs on third-and-long situations than the Bengals?

We can only hope Willie comes back next week because without Anderson and Jones on the line the next 2 weeks against defenses much better than Indy could be ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    After all those years of bad football followed by last year's playoff loss, I don't think He likes Bengals fans. With all the "sinners" on this team, maybe it would be best to seek help from a lesser deity.

Somebody get me the rum and cigars.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

That game was lost in the gameplan phase. They completely went away from what's been working, on both sides of the ball. That's something I don't understand. It's like they let the media determine their gameplan for them. I don't care how bad a team is at stopping the run, you don't go away from what works because you think that's what they're expecting.

Whitworth got schooled tonight. I feared for Carson's health.

Despite the lousy offensive gameplan, I still didn't think the Bengals had much chance tonight.

The phrases "Bengals defensive line" and "pressure on the opposing quarterback" are polar opposites. Manning had all day to throw the ball. It was routine; Manning back to pass, scan the field, find the open man, pick up about 10 yards. Repeat.

If an NFL team is unable to apply pressure to the opposing quarterback, much less a guy such as Peyton Manning, they're not giving themselves much of a chance to stop the offense altogether.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    Game summary by the ESPN crew:

• Peyton Manning is the best QB in the history of the world (all three want to have his babies)
    • Bengals are all crack-heads and thugs that can't stay out of trouble
    • Dwight Freeney is fast (well...he is...but hey, I could have gotten to CP against that O-line)
    • Matthew McConaughey is sooooo cool and sexy.
    • Theisman learned a new word: Judiciously (and used it about 17 times to show it off)

That pretty much sums it up.
    Peyton had a pretty damn good game. They're going to talk about any player who has a great game in a big game.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I was just thinking the same exact thing. In fact, I started a thread on that subject before I saw your post. They're not just going to catch the Bengals, they're probably going to pass them. Pittsburgh 9-7, Cincinnati 8-8, and all that after a 2-6 start.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Peyton had a pretty damn good game. They're going to talk about any player who has a great game in a big game.
    ???????????????????????????????\

i would have a good game too if the defense was playing 20 yards deep on every freaking play and the receiver was wide open

???????????????????????????????\

i would have a good game too if the defense was playing 20 yards deep on every freaking play and the receiver was wide open
    You're right it had nothing to do with Peyton Manning. Peyton is not good, the highlights are just edited to make him look good because ESPN created him in their lab beneath their studios.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?