Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 106 to 110 of 110

Thread: MNF: Bengals/Colts

  1. #106
    Raaaaaaaandy guttle11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,118

    Re: MNF: Bengals/Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B View Post
    Actually the exact argument that Sorgi could have beat the Bengals was used in this thread.
    I made it, and I stand by it 100%.

    Any QB currently on an NFL team could have beaten the Bengals with that defensive gameplan. On 95% of the snaps, the secondary and LB's backed up 5-7 yards which left a 10-15 yard hole in the middle of the field. That play was wide open ALL night.

    The only play that Manning made that couldn't have been done by anyone else was the TD pass to Wayne.

    Does that take anything away from Manning? Absolutely not, he's a great player. But don't act like Manning torched the Bengals. He took what they gave him. Anyone could have done the same.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #107
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,310

    Re: MNF: Bengals/Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    I made it, and I stand by it 100%.

    Any QB currently on an NFL team could have beaten the Bengals with that defensive gameplan. On 95% of the snaps, the secondary and LB's backed up 5-7 yards which left a 10-15 yard hole in the middle of the field. That play was wide open ALL night.

    The only play that Manning made that couldn't have been done by anyone else was the TD pass to Wayne.

    Does that take anything away from Manning? Absolutely not, he's a great player. But don't act like Manning torched the Bengals. He took what they gave him. Anyone could have done the same.
    That's fine, I disagree but that's not the point. I was responding to the fact that I was told no one was making this argument.

  4. #108
    Member Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: MNF: Bengals/Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B View Post
    Actually the exact argument that Sorgi could have beat the Bengals was used in this thread.

    I don't what you're talking about with the "lopsided" stuff. Teams beat the Colts when they run the ball. The Bengals averaged 4.4 yds a carry. I think in the first half them keeping the ball and Manning off the field was the most important thing for them. Whether Peyton controlled the game or the Bengals allowed him to control the game, keeping the offense off the field and controlling the ball was thier best chance of winning.

    And one half of your dynamic recieving duo was not catching the ball, maybe he was thinking about his shoes, I don't know. While our best reciever, who I have only once seen celebrate a TD and was penalized for it, went out and caught 3 TDs. There's some "lopsided" talk for you.
    Who cares about celebrating? Chad Johnson has a somewhat decent track record in this league. He dropped one pass that wasn't tipped, big freaking deal.

    Are Cincinnati fans supposed to be down on Chad? The one guy that loves playing for this city and actually stands up and says it?
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

  5. #109
    Member Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: MNF: Bengals/Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    The Bengals just picked thier poison, had they tried to go one on one Peyton would have gone deep. I understand everyone is tired of seeing Peyton everywhere but to try to say he is not great is just wrong. The guy is the best QB in the game with the only arguement coming from New England. Plus there have been no chinks in his armor off the field yet. Face it the Bengals just got beat by a better team, next year maybe but not now.
    Peyton/Brady/Palmer are the same in my opinion. They are all pretty immobile and rely on their Oline. Not anything new or weird in the NFL.

    Last Sunday Peyton Manning looked like a rookie against a good Jaguar pass rush. It's not rocket science that if you don't get pressure on those three they will all destroy you.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

  6. #110
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,662

    Re: MNF: Bengals/Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B View Post
    That's fine, I disagree but that's not the point. I was responding to the fact that I was told no one was making this argument.
    And I did not see that post, obviously. How about I say no one should be making that argument.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25