Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for the board

Thanks for the board

I don't remember how i found it today, but it's a breath of fresh air compared to what else is out there for talking Reds.

I was using cincinnati.com, but there are some real weiners and morons there. Esaskywhirl, and SoCalRedsFan are the leaders of a gay cult of bridge jumpers.

I won't be "voting for pedro", but there are some good perspectives here.

just messin pedro.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thanks for the board

Gotta watch out for those "gay cults".
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Gotta watch out for those "gay cults".
    The most dangerous of the cults 9 times out of 10

I agree REDblooded as I quit visting there back in the spring when I found this site. Still you'll see at least one of our trolls from over there is here too. That said, it's still 100 times better here.

Glad you found the board Redblooded! Welcome aboard.

I found Redszone in May of this year and have never gone back to the Cincinnati.com boards since.

One of the guys you mentioned was a pretty decent guy. The other one, (hint: a players name) was a complete wacko. He'd last about 4 posts here before he'd be banned for life.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 12-17-2006 at 07:33 PM.

Same story here. I got tired of explaining why Adam Dunn is a good player over on the mlb board.

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    I don't remember how i found it today, but it's a breath of fresh air compared to what else is out there for talking Reds.

I was using cincinnati.com, but there are some real weiners and morons there. Esaskywhirl, and SoCalRedsFan are the leaders of a gay cult of bridge jumpers.

I won't be "voting for pedro", but there are some good perspectives here.

just messin pedro.
    maybe I'll cut you some slack.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I posted there for months untill you realize that they are almost entirely too dependent on the crack and not on the facts of baseball. I got into heated agruements for agreeing that Wily Mo should have been sent for Bronson. I got into heated agruements for defending Dunn.

Then I found here and realized.. There'd be no agruements but solid debates, each side with facts and at the end of the day, we'd both agree that we only want whats good for the Reds.

haha, very good stuff. I myself got sick of explaing why signing Juan Pierre for almost 10 million per year at 5 years was a bad idea. After that, it turned into nothing but anti-krivsky talk, but with no answers. I almost started to LIKE Krivsky...........almost. LOL, and the best was Esasky calling out Paul Daugherty. Devoting a thread to Paul needing to come to the board and explain his opinions.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Great to have you aboard.

"Drink up be Merry and Enjoy Yourself" Dave Chappelle as the immortal Rick James.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Wait 'til you run into the Cult of Ten. Be afraid, be very afraid.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Krono's on vacation.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Welcome to the board Redblooded.

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Especially the gay friendly ones who like bridges.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Especially the gay friendly ones who like bridges.
    Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Turn Off Ads?