Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Epl

Epl

So Chelsea pulled a miracle from their pockets against Everton this weekend (in what probably goes down as the worst game of Tim Howard's career) and Man U. got upset by West Ham.

Bolton and Portsmouth continue to run with Arsenal and Liverpool in the battle for the other two Champions Cup slots.

At the bottom of the table, Charlton and Watford look like they're already been relegated. Newcastle and Sheffield look like they've got themselves together enough to stay in the top flight. We'll see about West Ham. Middlesbrough, currently getting beaten handily by Fulham as I type this, looks like a team swirling the bowl.

Anyway, here's a few questions as I know we've got some EPL fans on the site:

1. Who wins the regular season championshp?
    2. Which four teams get the Champions Cup slots?
    3. What team do you think is going to make a run from the back of the table?
    4. What top of the table team do you think will struggle in the second half?
    5. Who's getting relegated?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Epl

1. Who wins the regular season championshp? Chelsea again Their depth will win out unless Terry is out for an extended amount of time and hopefully Cech will be back before the end of the year.

2. Which four teams get the Champions Cup slots? Same as last year with maybe Bolton sneaking in over Arsenal. I don't think Pompei will keep their run up.

3. What team do you think is going to make a run from the back of the table? The only I can see is Newcastle with possibly Sheffield Utd or Fulham if they can ever get healthy.

4. What top of the table team do you think will struggle in the second half? I don't think Reading can keep their run going. They will fall like Wigan did last year after their fast start.

5. Who's getting relegated? Charlton & Watford are givens with Middlesbrough the last one relegated.

1. Chelski

2. Same as it ever was:
    Chelski
    Man U
    Liverpool
    Arsenal

3. No-one breaks the top 7, though Blackburn has much better quality than they have been showing, so I think they'll move up some places.
    4. Reading will fall some places.
    5. Charlton, Watford and 'Boro (sadly)

That last relegation slot may depend on health and the transfer window. Boro looks plenty bad, but Man City, Sheffield, Blackburn and West Ham could all struggle too.

If one of those teams lose or sell off a key player it could be disastrous. Likewise, if any of those teams make a major addition it could propel them upwards. Just as an example, I think Sheffield might crumble if Phil Jagielka weren't around or that an inventive midfielder could transform the Hammers.

1. Who wins the regular season championshp? Chelsea.

2. Which four teams get the Champions Cup slots? Status quo. I think Arsenal will finish second fwiw.

3. What team do you think is going to make a run from the back of the table? Fulham has a shot, but I don't see anyone making a real move.

4. What top of the table team do you think will struggle in the second half? Not really top, but as an Arsenal fan I've got to say Spurs.

5. Who's getting relegated? Charlton, Watford, and Blackburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan View Post
    2. Which four teams get the Champions Cup slots? Status quo. I think Arsenal will finish second fwiw.
    I'm thinking like timmario that Arsenal's in some trouble. I don't like their defense. They miss Ashley Cole and Sol Campbell a lot more than I think they ever expected.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    So Chelsea pulled a miracle from their pockets against Everton this weekend (in what probably goes down as the worst game of Tim Howard's career) and Man U. got upset by West Ham.

Bolton and Portsmouth continue to run with Arsenal and Liverpool in the battle for the other two Champions Cup slots.

At the bottom of the table, Charlton and Watford look like they're already been relegated. Newcastle and Sheffield look like they've got themselves together enough to stay in the top flight. We'll see about West Ham. Middlesbrough, currently getting beaten handily by Fulham as I type this, looks like a team swirling the bowl.

Anyway, here's a few questions as I know we've got some EPL fans on the site:

1. Who wins the regular season championshp?
    2. Which four teams get the Champions Cup slots?
    3. What team do you think is going to make a run from the back of the table?
    4. What top of the table team do you think will struggle in the second half?
    5. Who's getting relegated?
    1. Chelsea
    2. Chelsea, ManU, Arsenal, and READING (haha)
    3. West Ham has a great talent-level
    4. I hate to type it, but Reading will be hard-pressed to match their sensational first half
    5. Charlton, Watford, Middlesborough

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    1. Chelsea
    2. Chelsea, ManU, Arsenal, and READING (haha)
    3. West Ham has a great talent-level
    4. I hate to type it, but Reading will be hard-pressed to match their sensational first half
    5. Charlton, Watford, Middlesborough
    Just curious, if you could add one someone to Reading (someone theoretically available, not Didier Drogba) who would it be?

For instance, I think a guy like Espanyol's Ivan de la Pena could have huge impact for West Ham. In fact, Espanyol may be one of the better teams on the planet to raid with Raul Tamudo, Luis Garcia Fernandez and Daniel Jarque also on hand.

Just curious, if you could add one someone to Reading (someone theoretically available, not Didier Drogba) who would it be?

For instance, I think a guy like Espanyol's Ivan de la Pena could have huge impact for West Ham. In fact, Espanyol may be one of the better teams on the planet to raid with Raul Tamudo, Luis Garcia Fernandez and Daniel Jarque also on hand.
    David Trezeguet. Doubt he would come to Reading, but that's really what they desperately need: another goal-scorer. They've been forced to play Soul Hi Keon up front, but he's much more comfortable and effective out on the wing.

Too bad it didn't work out with Eddie Johnson; guess he wasn't what they were hoping for. They simply cannot rely on Doyle as their sole goal-scoring threat. A top-flight goal-scorer is what they need the worst.

You sound like you're pretty familiar with the Primera? What leagues do you keep up with?

Champions League and the EPL is pretty much it for me as far as reasonably in-depth knowledge-base.

David Trezeguet. Doubt he would come to Reading, but that's really what they desperately need: another goal-scorer. They've been forced to play Soul Hi Keon up front, but he's much more comfortable and effective out on the wing.

Too bad it didn't work out with Eddie Johnson; guess he wasn't what they were hoping for. They simply cannot rely on Doyle as their sole goal-scoring threat. A top-flight goal-scorer is what they need the worst.
    Though supposedly, after his World Cup whiff, Trezeguet's got the footballing equivalent of what happened to Donnie Moore and Mitch Williams. Don't know that I'd bring such a fragile ego into the EPL. Maybe someone like Michael Chopra at Cardiff City would do the trick.

Shawn Wright Phillips is available.

Want some mid-day goosebumps?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmkJQNLql5Y&NR

Maybe the best long-range goal I've ever seen. Watch it full-screen and wait for the replays. Amazing goal.

Though supposedly, after his World Cup whiff, Trezeguet's got the footballing equivalent of what happened to Donnie Moore and Mitch Williams. Don't know that I'd bring such a fragile ego into the EPL. Maybe someone like Michael Chopra at Cardiff City would do the trick.
    Not sure I'm buying that... the man can flat-out score. I don't know his psychological make-up, but anyone who competes at such a high-level almost always has an intense competitive drive. Is that one miss going to ruin the rest of his career? Might be a chance for some club to get a steal.

You sound like you're pretty familiar with the Primera? What leagues do you keep up with?

Champions League and the EPL is pretty much it for me as far as reasonably in-depth knowledge-base.
    I try to watch a little La Liga each week. I got the taste for the sport when I was in Madrid back in the late '80s (which is why you'll often hear me espouse the brilliance of Leo Beenhaker). I read up on other leagues, but don't get to watch them that much. I'd probably watch Ligue 1 if I got a station which broadcast the games because my wife likes the sport and she speaks French.

BTW, there's a kid named Andre-Pierre Gignac at Lorient who's the bomb. Here's his hat trick against Nantes early this season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvpSfNXJSKE

And another goal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqir0...elated&search=

And another sick shot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dctJOEj5jlo

Turn Off Ads?