Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arroyo speaks again?

Arroyo speaks again?

Link to a thread on SOSH. No direct link to any quotes so take it with as many grains of salt as you wish. No real new ground.
    http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=13567

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Arroyo speaks again?

It was a Boston affiliated person interviewing him.

Boston Interviewer: Bronson, do you want to come back to the Red Sox?

Arroyo: Hell no, Cincinnati has a chance to win the world series. We sell out every game and have a playoff atmosphere night in and night out.

I think if that had been the course of the interview we would all know he was BS'ing. I'm glad he's honest but he also is probably keeping Red Sox fans happy by playing them up. I'm sure if a Cincinnati person interviewed him (officially) he would have great quotes about how he loves Cincinnati.

Yay!

One of the posters there makes a good point:

Imagine the outcry around here if, for example, Josh Beckett went on some radio station in south Florida and gushed about a future return to the Marlins.
    BTW, the Red Sox play "Sweet Caroline" in the 8th inning, not the 7th, as "Arroyo" allegedly said.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    BTW, the Red Sox play "Sweet Caroline" in the 8th inning, not the 7th, as "Arroyo" allegedly said.

I didn't even catch that. He should at least know what inning it's played in if he loves the city so much.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    One of the posters there makes a good point:

Clearly that was a veiled acknowledgment of the fact he hates Boston, but is afraid to say so in public.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Who wouldn't want to play in Boston. And if you pitched your heart out and had the season of your life and and after an absolutely GOLDEN opportunity to make the playoffs your team folded as badly as the Reds would you want to stay here? He's also selling tickets to his concerts he's doing in New England right now.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

I don't know what his problem is. Cincinnati is hott like tabasco.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Cincinnati is hott like tabasco.
    Hott like half-cooked sausage links.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    Who wouldn't want to play in Boston. And if you pitched your heart out and had the season of your life and and after an absolutely GOLDEN opportunity to make the playoffs your team folded as badly as the Reds would you want to stay here?
    There is some great irony in this post that I can't quite put my finger on....

It sounds like gehrig38 has man-love for Arroyo.

http://p086.ezboard.com/fsonsofsamho...tart=1&stop=20

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    It sounds like gehrig38 has man-love for Arroyo.

http://p086.ezboard.com/fsonsofsamho...tart=1&stop=20
    Who gets to start the RedsZone game thread if the Reds make the playoffs, Harang or Arroyo?
    Last edited by blumj; 12-19-2006 at 04:52 PM.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Surely “wiggle room” Castellini and the “pitching and defense kind of a guy” Krivsky has gotten the memo by now.

Can you blame the guy?

Before he went to BoSox he was with the Pirates...then he got a taste of a franchise that may not win everything every year (of for decades) but is always comeptitive...Isn't that the fun of playing baseball...then add to that the city life in Boston...it's pretty hard to beat.

I mean, the Cards are doing well for the last several years and players are not beating down the door to play there either....the only guys who play in Houston are hometown guys...the only guys who play for the reds....welll...you see who plays here.

This ownership has a chance to turn it around but what Arroyo wants is what I want for Cincy as a fan. I want players who LUST to be here the way it was in the mid 70's...when a player went tot he Reds...they went there to win. Now it is just another destination on a MLB roster.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Boston can be tough place for players who don't perform up to expectations or who want to be able to live a normal, relatively anonymous, life. Bronson didn't have to deal with high expectations there, and I think it's probably safe to say he'd rather live like a rock star/college kid than a mature adult. It's not that the Red Sox win, it's that they get treated like they do, even when they don't. They're the biggest fish in a relatively small pond, and they get to live like it. And he experienced only the best of it at its absolute height.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Anyone agree that Arroyo's preference of Boston over Cincinnati has more to do with the 'nightlife' in Boston than anything else?
    Last edited by LINEDRIVER; 12-21-2006 at 04:47 AM.

Turn Off Ads?