Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Video Editing Software

Video Editing Software

Hey I have a firewire camcorder and I commonly copy videos into my computer to make most generally .mpg files. I am pretty good with computers in general but I'm not real up to speed with the video editing software as to what's the best. I use Pinnacle Studio 8 right now but it's a few years old and I'm sure there's better out there. Basically I would prefer something that doesn't copy into the computer in real time (yuck). Thanks and if I don't respond right a way, I don't always have access to the internet as of right now.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: Video Editing Software

I stick to the basics, really, and just use Windows Movie Maker.

I guess it all depends on what you're doing the editing for though.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Depends what you want, and how much you want to spend (if you spend anyways). I suggest Ulead Media Studio 7.0 or better, and not Ulead Video Studio anything. If you want to go high end though, Adobe Premiere is what you want for a windows based system. Adobe After Affects is a nice addition for it if you really know what you are doing.

If you are on a Mac though, Final Cut Pro is the only way to go.

Avid is very good....forgot about it though. Its a lot tougher to find if you dont want to pay for it though....

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Avid is very good....forgot about it though. Its a lot tougher to find if you dont want to pay for it though....
    True, I prefer to cut film myself.

Old School WOY....I am more of an Ulead guy with bits and peices of Adobe products used and imported into Media Studio.

Old School WOY....I am more of an Ulead guy with bits and peices of Adobe products used and imported into Media Studio.
    True, I use all the Adobe/Macromedia stuff but haven't edited video in a few years.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

On a Mac Final Cut Express is a midway alternative between iMovie and Final Cut Pro. (in Features and Cost).
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

I guess I should add that I run Windows, thanks for your help so far.

What exactly are you looking to do with the program you want? Simple cutting and trimming clips together? Special effects?

What exactly are you looking to do with the program you want? Simple cutting and trimming clips together? Special effects?
    Just simple cutting and trimming clips, but not having to upload it in real-time

Turn Off Ads?