Turn Off Ads?

Thread: baseballdigestdaily top 50 prospects

baseballdigestdaily top 50 prospects

40 Joey Votto 1b, Cin

10 Jay Bruce rf, Cin

In the past 5 years, only 21 players have slugged .500 or better in the Midwest league (300+ AB). And only four (4) have done so at age 19 (or younger). And with Bruce's swing, expect many of those 42 doubles to turn into HR's as he gets older. An elite power prospect, and a good fielder in RF. (Rob)

4 Homer Bailey rhp, Cin
    Nolan Ryan! Roger Clemens! Homer Bailey? The 6-4 fireballer hasn't shown anything yet that would indicate he isn't going to be the next great pitcher from Texas. The Reds have been showing some caution with him, which is great news, and he's responded by continuing to use his fastball/curve combo to hold high-A and AA hitters to a sub-.200 BAA. And he won't even be 21 until May! (Rob)

http://www.baseballdigestdaily.com/b...=179&Itemid=39

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: baseballdigestdaily top 50 prospects

The ratings for the Red's prospects seem about right to me

Dan-O may not have done a whole lot for the Big league team while he was GM...but man, what a great couple drafts that guy put together. Makes you kinda wish he was back here as a head scout or something along those lines.
    Hey Marty, This is Adam from Milwaukee...

his 2nd draft was far better than his first... but overall i think they were more solid than JB's draft's, for sure.

WK's draft(or buckley's) at first glance doesn't wow you, and ultimately may be judged on the Stubbs pick success or failure, but I happen to think it was better than OB drafts in terms of depth.. they did well.

It'll be interesting to see how they fair in next years draft, which is supposed to be strong.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?