Turn Off Ads?

Thread: QB vs. Mascot

Yay!

QB vs. Mascot

NFL notes: Ex-Saints QB sues Titans for mascot ending his season
    Updated 12/18/2006 8:16 PM ET
    The Associated Press
    NASHVILLE Ex-Saints quarterback Adrian McPherson is suing the Tennessee Titans because their mascot hit him with a golf cart before the second half of an August exhibition.
    McPherson filed his civil lawsuit Friday in Davidson County Circuit Court and also is seeking $5 million in compensatory damages for the Titans' negligence and $15 million in punitive damages. A team spokesman said Monday afternoon the Titans were aware of the lawsuit but had no further comment.

The quarterback was on the field Aug. 12 warming up when T-Rac, the Titans' mascot played by director of mascot operations Pete Nelson, hit him with a golf cart while throwing items into the stand.

McPherson missed the rest of the game with a deep bruise in his right knee, and the Saints cut him on Sept. 2.

He was signed by the Austin Wranglers of the Arena Football League in November.

The NFL did not sanction the Titans for the incident but reminded all teams that mascots must stay outside of a six-foot boundary around their fields.
    Find this article at:
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...notebook_x.htm

"Director of mascot operations" -- that's the gig I need.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: QB vs. Mascot

No kidding. I wouldn't even mind being the Assistant Director, or Entertainment Leader of Mascot Operations. The ELMO, if you will.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?